Álvaro Negredo Sánchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammyblues said:
The opposite view to buying the best seems to be Barca's ability to overhaul RM when they bought nothing but Galaticos, it is unsustainable. Lower basic wages with large bonus payable on sucess would probably put off most "A" list players but for those who do arrive they are playing because they want to be here. Just a point of view.
Spot on.. I feel Pellegrini will get a lot more from team players like he did at Malaga. Players who "fit" the system not loads of individuals who previous 2/3 managers have had and had to put together.. I'm really looking forward to the new season!!

LoveCity said:
Daily Mail journo wrote in today's paper that Pellegrini doesn't believe Cavani would suit the style he wants to play. It is the Mail of course so pinch of salt, but if there is any truth to it, it might explain us going cold on Cavani (besides the price tag).

Must confess, I don't see why Cavani would not suit the style that he wants to play but without knowing exactly what he has in mind, one is left speculating. Cavani has proved that he is well suited to a counterattacking team and we can safely assume that is not how Pellegrini intends to go about thins but is Cavani so limited that he could not adapt to other approaches?

Maybe Grini is going to predominantly use a 4-3-3 with Aguero lined up as the spearhead and therefore reasonably priced backups, like Negredo rather than a £50m bench warmer make sense.

Although I have long been an admirer of Navas, I've not paid Negredo much attention but his record suggests that he has continued to improve as a player and having a left footed striker in the squad would make it more balanced.

I'm reconciled to not getting Cavani so, of the alternatives, signing Negredo would not upset me.

From just a quick watching of Cavani's 28 goals from last year, pretty much every single goal was either from a cross, counter attack or penalty, so you can see why Pellegrini doesn't think it's an obvious fit for us (and at his price, you'd want a perfect fit really)
Based on that video, he'd absolutely tear it up in a Mourinho team, you can see why he's after him

BigOscar said:
From just a quick watching of Cavani's 28 goals from last year, pretty much every single goal was either from a cross, counter attack or penalty, so you can see why Pellegrini doesn't think it's an obvious fit for us (and at his price, you'd want a perfect fit really)
Based on that video, he'd absolutely tear it up in a Mourinho team, you can see why he's after him

That video will tell you something about what he can do but what are his deficiencies that mean he cannot play Pellegrini style?

Ardwick Green Blue said:
Quite a few on here seem to be infected with Galacticos Fever and they may find supporting Real Madrid more rewarding going forward. The word holistic is not an empty PR term as far as the club is concerned and it embraces other qualities such as sustainability.

There is a medium to long term plan to build the club up into the world elite but it will not happen overnight. I believe that for political reasons the club would like to be in profit sooner rather than later hence the ongoing reduction in the wage bill and a refusal to buy a target at any price. If we finish in the top three and reach the knockout rounds of the CL we will make a profit at the end of the upcoming season and we will further strengthen the squad next summer.

What is wrong with that?

Try asking Arsenal fans that question.

OB1 said:
BigOscar said:

That video will tell you something about what he can do but what are his deficiencies that mean he cannot play Pellegrini style?
It doesn't, but nor does it show that he can play in the Pellegrini style. I think it's more that he hasn't proven he can play in any other style and £50m+ is a lot for a guy who you don't know if he can play in your style or not.

Hinchcliffe at the far post said:
I think this guy is a good shout especially for the money mentioned.. He would probably start all the games verses the lower lites of the Prem and would do the job just fine as his record proves. Either him and or Villa would give us a good balance of attacking options and enable Kun to be the main man in the big games. A yes from me!!

Can't see why we aren't linked with Villa or Higuain TBH as both would be good options.

OB1 said:
BigOscar said:

I honestly think Cavani could play in any system. I think he is a genuine all rounder. He is great in the air, big and strong and can hold the ball up, is really quick for his size and can run the channels because he works really hard and he's a good finisher too. We've signed Navas and were looking to sign Isco, I don't think anyone can assume we will play the same sideways keep ball we did last season, we could play with plenty of width.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.