Álvaro Negredo Sánchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lomas has a lob on said:
Signing Negredo would sum up our transfers so far this summer......

SENSIBLE!

Our signings so far have really impressed me and most importantly they make sense.

Problem areas and positions being filled by quality players, that most importantly of all seem geniunely delighted to have joined the club.

Negredo is a quality forward who has consistantly performed in one of the top european leagues.
There are better forwards out there and I'd class Negredo not quite in the world class bracket, however he'd be another player coming in hungry and wanting to prove he is capable of performing in the CL etc.

He would understand that he wouldn't play every game, yet would contribute when ever called upon.

Like I said, sensible.

The problem is sensible is OK but we need winners!

I hope if we sign him he could prove to be won

ballinio said:
Rammyblues said:
55m buys you a guaranteed return, Negredo does not. However if Cavani scores 30 goals and Negredo scores 20 is 40m worth it for those extra 10 goals? Maybe that 40m could be spent elsewhere on another player or players that would give you the extra 10 goal difference or bring in an upgrade on Lescott, Kolorov or Garcia which in turn may see us concede fewer goals and play in a more exciting manner.
I understand what you`re saying, but i would always go for the very best even if it meant one signing a season. In the end you get fantastic team, takes time but quality over quantity every time for me .

Yeah quality over quantity and bleed youth

What about creating quality instead of buying it ?? Malaga played in the semis in CL with roque Santa cruz for heavens sake, build a team stop buying it.

People are flapping abit and I can sort of understand why because of the expectation this would be a summer with a big name striker.

But look at it this way, since the start of 11-12 season, Carlos Tevez scored 21 goals in all competitions for City.

In the year and a half from the start of 11-12 to Balotellis transfer to Milan, Mario scored 20 goals in a city shirt.

In that time, Negredo has scored 45 in all competitions.

On goal scoring alone he's more than adequate to be the striker competing for second choice with Dzeko, because ultimately that's what we need.While Sergio Aguero remains at this football club, he is always going to be the main man,when fit, up top because he's that special a player.

For me, we need four strikers. We have Aguero and Dzeko, for me we need a proven veteran to provide options and cover for the next few years who we know can score goals, then a youngster to be coming on in games to develop for the future. Guidetti is that young striker for me, or at least deserve a shot, so we need a "veteran" (if 27 can be called a veteran)

dref619 said:
People are flapping abit and I can sort of understand why because of the expectation this would be a summer with a big name striker.

But look at it this way, since the start of 11-12 season, Carlos Tevez scored 21 goals in all competitions for City.

In the year and a half from the start of 11-12 to Balotellis transfer to Milan, Mario scored 20 goals in a city shirt.

On goal scoring alone he's more than adequate to be the striker competing for second choice with Dzeko, because ultimately that's what we need.While Sergio Aguero remains at this football club, he is always going to be the main man,when fit, up top because he's that special a player.
That's a decent post. Also he has been doing it in a top league which counts for a lot. I had my heart set on Cavani but Negredo seems a decent enough player.

dref619 said:

Completely agree and good post.

BillyShears said:
dref619 said:

Completely agree and good post.

A post that falls into the trap of looking at our first choice starting eleven and believing that all we need is back-up players who can 'do a job'.

Negredo is one of those players who, were he go to Everton, a lot of fans would probably be moaning about how we missed out on the 'bargain'. People go on about Benteke who has had ONE good season against defenders who are still learning how to play against him (so is better judged after a second season) - Negredo is proven over a fair few years now in a top league and has superior technical quality (important in City's system) to Benteke, even if less physical strength. He'd be a good signing, even if lacking the marquee star power.

Put it this way, he is known to be on Dortmund and Atletico's striker shortlists - how often do these teams fook up their scouting and transfers nowadays?

LoveCity said:
Negredo is one of those players who, were he go to Everton, a lot of fans would probably be moaning about how we missed out on the 'bargain'. People go on about Benteke who has had ONE good season against defenders who are still learning how to play against him (so is better judged after a second season) - Negredo is proven over a fair few years now in a top league and has superior technical quality (important in City's system) to Benteke, even if less physical strength. He'd be a good signing, even if lacking the marquee star power.

Put it this way, he is known to be on Dortmund and Atletico's striker shortlists - how often do these teams fook up their scouting and transfers nowadays?
Especially Atletico when it comes to strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.