Álvaro Negredo Sánchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
NipHolmes said:
allan harper said:
kiwikiddy said:
Loads of posts on Twatter saying we've triggered his buy out clause.

This post meant to be in the Cavani thread?

(Hopes)

Got more chance in winning the lottery without buying a ticket than us activating Cavanis clause

I did find a winning scratch card on the floor once.... it was only worth a quid though.

kp789 said:
I think Negredo would be a fantastic addition. With a player like him we can intergrate him into the team rather than base it around him which I imagine Cavani would demand.

Lesser players do tend to be less demanding I suppose.

hgblue said:
kp789 said:
I think Negredo would be a fantastic addition. With a player like him we can intergrate him into the team rather than base it around him which I imagine Cavani would demand.

You really do have your heart set on Cavani ... ;)

Seriously though, what d'you suppose the conversation would go like with Cavani and his agent when it turns to football. Of course i'm predicating it on the idea that we're going to primarily play with one up top next season. I suspect it'll go something like this.

"Edison will play before Kun?"
"No."
"Ok thanks. Bye."

citizens_1976 said:
Do not rate him. For one, he is not quick enough, for two he hasn't got a good first touch and for three he is not fit to lace Tevez's boots. We need to be buying better players than Negredo.

Tell me what Negredo has over a player like Benteke?

Benteke pisses all over him and so does Higuain who could be bought for around 25m.

Alvaro Negredo... NO thanks. Leave him to West Ham and Tottenham, not for us!
Not true. Have you actually seen him play or are you flapping on since you don't like the player for whatever reason?

allan harper said:
kiwikiddy said:
Loads of posts on Twatter saying we've triggered his buy out clause.

This post meant to be in the Cavani thread?

(Hopes)

Whos' posting it on Twitter? Just took a look and nothing is being mentioned by the british journo's I follow.

Nothing under the #negredo hash tag either.

Proelia said:
citizens_1976 said:
Do not rate him. For one, he is not quick enough, for two he hasn't got a good first touch and for three he is not fit to lace Tevez's boots. We need to be buying better players than Negredo.

Tell me what Negredo has over a player like Benteke?

Benteke pisses all over him and so does Higuain who could be bought for around 25m.

Alvaro Negredo... NO thanks. Leave him to West Ham and Tottenham, not for us!

Funnily enough its not up to you

Funnily enough he is still entitled to expressing his own opinion on the speculation on a transfer forum of Bluemoon.

For what it's worth, I'm somewhere in between. I don't for a second think he's a world class player who will directly replace Tevez, but I don't think his first touch and pace are as bad as some are making out. I'd also prefer Benteke. Fast, powerful, young, PL experience where he's shown he can do the business, in what is a very very poor Villa side. Knows where the back of the net is too.

In order of preference of those linked to us from some place or other:

Cavani (at 30m or less)
Benteke
Negredo
Gomez
Cavani (at anything over 35m)
Fred
Cardozo

BillyShears said:
hgblue said:
kp789 said:

Seriously though, what d'you suppose the conversation would go like with Cavani and his agent when it turns to football. Of course i'm predicating it on the idea that we're going to primarily play with one up top next season. I suspect it'll go something like this.

"No."
"Ok thanks. Bye."

What formation do you think we will predominately play? Clearly, it's not 4-2-2-2.

BillyShears said:
hgblue said:
kp789 said:

"No."
"Ok thanks. Bye."

There will be occasions when we can play two up top. There will be occasions when Aguero will be injured/suspended. There will be occasions when the manager will want to rest Aguero. More than enough games to go around to keep two quality strikers happy if it's managed correctly. And I don't have my heart set on Cavani per se, but I do think we need to sign a top quality striker, and Negredo isn't one imo.

hgblue said:
There will be occasions when we can play two up top. There will be occasions when Aguero will be injured/suspended. There will be occasions when the manager will want to rest Aguero. More than enough games to go around to keep two quality strikers happy if it's managed correctly. And I don't have my heart set on Cavani per se, but I do think we need to sign a top quality striker, and Negredo isn't one imo.

I take your point, but then the competition in Cavani's case will be Chelsea who will guarantee him that he'll be their number 1 number 9 - or Real Madrid who will do exactly the same thing. Tricky decision for the player.

But speaking more generally, if you've not got your heart set on Cavani then who else is out there who you think is better than Negredo but is a realistic option for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.