Álvaro Negredo Sánchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
hgblue said:
There will be occasions when we can play two up top. There will be occasions when Aguero will be injured/suspended. There will be occasions when the manager will want to rest Aguero. More than enough games to go around to keep two quality strikers happy if it's managed correctly. And I don't have my heart set on Cavani per se, but I do think we need to sign a top quality striker, and Negredo isn't one imo.

I take your point, but then the competition in Cavani's case will be Chelsea who will guarantee him that he'll be their number 1 number 9 - or Real Madrid who will do exactly the same thing. Tricky decision for the player.

But speaking more generally, if you've not got your heart set on Cavani then who else is out there who you think is better than Negredo but is a realistic option for us?

Higuain.

hgblue said:
BillyShears said:
hgblue said:
There will be occasions when we can play two up top. There will be occasions when Aguero will be injured/suspended. There will be occasions when the manager will want to rest Aguero. More than enough games to go around to keep two quality strikers happy if it's managed correctly. And I don't have my heart set on Cavani per se, but I do think we need to sign a top quality striker, and Negredo isn't one imo.

I take your point, but then the competition in Cavani's case will be Chelsea who will guarantee him that he'll be their number 1 number 9 - or Real Madrid who will do exactly the same thing. Tricky decision for the player.

But speaking more generally, if you've not got your heart set on Cavani then who else is out there who you think is better than Negredo but is a realistic option for us?

Higuain.

Again ... Higuain's suitors will know absolutely that his primary motivation after CL football is a guarantee of starting. He won't get that at city and in the year before a world cup not many players are going to take that risk.

Anyone other than Higuain?

BillyShears said:
hgblue said:

If we were to sign Cavani I think we'd have to play two up top. Otherwise it just wouldn't work.

It's true, of course, that there will be plenty of times when Kun is injured / in need of a rest. So if Cavani came he would still get games, even if we played predominantly with one striker. However, if you pay £40-50m for a striker, not only do you expect him to play all the time, but, realistically, both you and he expect him to be the main man.

Cavani is, from what I've seen, quite a selfless and hard working player (so's Kun, of course). But it's simply very difficult to accommodate two players of that stature unless both of them are expected to play, basically as automatic selections if fit / for the big games.

As I think it's doubtful that we will regularly play with two strikers, given the above I don't think signing Cavani really makes sense for us.

The reality is if Edin is staying he will be the number 2. He will get plenty of games. What we need is a young up and coming striker as the number 3. If the rumours are true that Pelle likes Guidetti then I imagine it is highly unlikely we will be signing another striker.

However if Edin is fed up with his no 2 status then maybe he's off. In which case we would need someone experienced like Negredo to take his place. We then look a bit light if Kun is injured.

If we do buy a wide left player who can score then that would be very useful.

BillyShears said:
hgblue said:
kp789 said:
I think Negredo would be a fantastic addition. With a player like him we can intergrate him into the team rather than base it around him which I imagine Cavani would demand.

Lesser players do tend to be less demanding I suppose.

You really do have your heart set on Cavani ... ;)

Seriously though, what d'you suppose the conversation would go like with Cavani and his agent when it turns to football. Of course i'm predicating it on the idea that we're going to primarily play with one up top next season. I suspect it'll go something like this.

"Edison will play before Kun?"
"No."
"Ok thanks. Bye."

"Edinson will play alongside Kun as Pellegrini favours 2 strikers, as he did at Villarreal, Real and Malaga?"
"Yeah"
"Ok thanks. Bye."

citizens_1976 said:
Do not rate him. For one, he is not quick enough, for two he hasn't got a good first touch and for three he is not fit to lace Tevez's boots. We need to be buying better players than Negredo.

Tell me what Negredo has over a player like Benteke?

Benteke pisses all over him and so does Higuain who could be bought for around 25m.

Alvaro Negredo... NO thanks. Leave him to West Ham and Tottenham, not for us!

Negredo scored more last season (31) in all completions than: Gomez (19), Tevez (17), Soldado (30), Benteke (23) and Higuain (19). He scored more than twice the amount Jovetic did (13) and only 7 less than Cavani.

Now I'm not saying Negredo is better than all these players but he has a proven record of scoring goals.

NQCitizen said:
"Edinson will play alongside Kun as Pellegrini favours 2 strikers, as he did at Villarreal, Real and Malaga?"
"Yeah"
"Ok thanks. Bye."

Except he won't be playing with two strikers because we will have one system across teams at all levels which will be a pure 433 closer to what Barca play rather than a counter attacking 4231 which Madrid played under Mourinho. Pellegrini will have known this when he took the job and will no doubt adhere to it. It's also easy to deduce when you look at the players coming in and the players going out in relation to the number of players we have in any given position. If we were going to play 442 then with the addition of Fernandinho we'd have 5 players fighting over two positions in midfield and three players fighting over two positions up top.

I'll happily stand corrected if the season starts and he does go with some variation of 442 but i don't see it happening.

Something I would love to see when required is Yaya playing wide left in a 3. His finishing is immaculate and he would cause the right back no end of problems.

BillyShears said:
NQCitizen said:
"Yeah"
"Ok thanks. Bye."

Except he won't be playing with two strikers because we will have one system across teams at all levels which will be a pure 433 closer to what Barca play rather than a counter attacking 4231 which Madrid played under Mourinho. Pellegrini will have known this when he took the job and will no doubt adhere to it. It's also easy to deduce when you look at the players coming in and the players going out in relation to the number of players we have in any given position. If we were going to play 442 then with the addition of Fernandinho we'd have 5 players fighting over two positions in midfield and three players fighting over two positions up top.

I'll happily stand corrected if the season starts and he does go with some variation of 442 but i don't see it happening.
If we have our current set of forwards, he won't start with two up front as I suspect he likes winning versus losing.

We've been assuming all along that the newspaper speculation of a 433 formation is accurate

I'm not sure if that has ever been confirmed

If it is, you can see why CFC want him more than City

CFC have their wide men in place but dont have a top class striker, whereas City already have Aguero, and if Cavani came, he'd play the central role shifting Aguero out wide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.