Álvaro Negredo Sánchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
ManCitizens. said:
Mad 4 It said:
All these strikers we appear to be interested in, for me, seem second string. Why bother we should go with what we've got. All starting to smack of desperation. Will someone tell me why this guy is any better than Higuain

he isn't better than Higuain, just like Higuain isn't better than Gomez IMO.
Woah there, do those mushrooms really work that well??

Mad 4 It said:
kun said:
Mad 4 It said:
All these strikers we appear to be interested in, for me, seem second string. Why bother we should go with what we've got. All starting to smack of desperation. Will someone tell me why this guy is any better than Higuain
He isn't, but he is cheaper, has played with Navas and isn't off to Arsenal

Sorry mate but that isn't a reason to buy him.
Never said it was
He is as good as Higuain, IMO but Higuain isn't possible.
It's between Gomez and Negredo I reckon, as they seem to be looking for a big target man rather than a natural Tevez replacement (Jovetic, David Villa etc), or perhaps they are looking at 2 strikers and Dzeko may be on his way? It also seems we don't want to pay for a more expensive player like Cavani.

kun said:
Mad 4 It said:
kun said:
He isn't, but he is cheaper, has played with Navas and isn't off to Arsenal

Sorry mate but that isn't a reason to buy him.
Never said it was
He is as good as Higuain, IMO but Higuain isn't possible.
It's between Gomez and Negredo I reckon, as they seem to be looking for a big target man rather than a natural Tevez replacement (Jovetic, David Villa etc), or perhaps they are looking at 2 strikers and Dzeko may be on his way? It also seems we don't want to pay for a more expensive player like Cavani.

I don't believe Dzeko will go this window. Higuain would suit our style of play and ticks all the boxes. We should show our hand on this one before he signs for arsenal

Gomez and Negredo would probably guarantee a good amount of goals. Not really sure if Cardozo (never played in a top league) or Osvaldo would. Really surprised we aren't looking at Soldado, he is very sharp in the box but maybe Negredo's physical attributes suit the Premier League better.

One bothersome thing about Negredo. His European record according to Wiki is 17 appearances 2 goals.

Soldado has 27 appearances 17 goals. Wouldn't he be the better option?

shevtheblue said:
ManCitizens. said:
Mad 4 It said:

he isn't better than Higuain, just like Higuain isn't better than Gomez IMO.
Woah there, do those mushrooms really work that well??

Both Higuain and Gomez are at a level just under the very top strikers in the world, Negredo is another step below. You don't play 100+ times for Real or Bayern (with a better than 1 in 2 goal ratio) if your garbage up front.

Blue Haze said:
One bothersome thing about Negredo. His European record according to Wiki is 17 appearances 2 goals.

Soldado has 27 appearances 17 goals. Wouldn't he be the better option?
Different type of player I suppose. Just seems to me that the management is looking for a "complete forward". The type that comes with height and physique.

Lomas has a lob on said:
I'd take Negredo over all the other forwards we seem to be linked with at the moment.

I actually think Negredo would be an excellent addtition to our squad.

I've not seen him play. Can anyone tell me a striker he his similar too; one that we would all know?

I'd be happy with Negredo, but not so sure about Fred.

I still think we would need another young striker who has proved himself, and Benteke for me would be worth the risk.

If Cavani isn't coming, (which I no longer think he is), and Lewandowski seems set on staying in Germany, then there isn't much to choose from. I think Negredo seems suited to how we will be setup to play. The only other option looks to be J Martinez, but there doesn't seem any interest from us.

I'd like to see Guidetti loaned out to a team like West Brom or Villa to see how he does. They both had good young strikers last year, who always looked like scoring in the Prem. I doubt Chelsea would sell Lukaku to us, so Benteke would be a good signing.

In midfield, Vidal would be fantastic, but maybe Matuidi could be a decent option if press rumours can be believed.

Defenders have been mentioned before, and a luxury signing would be nice to add a bit of excitement. Maybe Honda, but Isco or Bale would have been fantastic to watch playing for City at the Etihad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.