10,000 empty seats

Re: Re: 10,000 empty seats

Prestwich_Blue said:
ban-mcfc said:
the only reason these cunts sell out in the cups is because they automatically sell them cup tickets on top of the season tickets.
The interesting thing is, MUST took the Glazers to court over this and forced them to stop that for the Carling Cup.

So when they played Wolves in the CC last season there were less than 45k there. So that's 30,000 empty seats.

I hate the rag cunts but 46,000 to watch a reserve side in their 4th choice trophy isn't bad at all - BUT - that is hilarious about their early Champions League games. 33k against Gothenburg? That's less than half full. I work with a rag (from Wilmslow) and he said something about a foreigner rule which meant star players like Cuntona, Schmeichel etc couldn't play and he blamed that. Pooooooooooor.

bluevengence said:
Bluemuck said:
I'm sorry but 10,000 empty seats in our first ever Champions League game at home is embarrassing to say the least. So much for Manchester being blue!

Well it`s definatly not shitty red you rag twat

[bigimg]http://i52.tinypic.com/l9r20.jpg[/bigimg]

LOL<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:00 pm --<br /><br />
SilvaAnnie said:
I am currently out of work but I still have my season ticket and have supported City since 1968. As much as I would love to be paying to see Champions League football at present I cannot afford to go.
Am I plastic? I love City and today cannot think of anything else but tonights match. I shall be watching, yes, from my armchair tonight with my stomach in knots and my heart pounding. Money is tight but that does not mean that I love City any less.

nice one Annie

Doesn't matter if there is empty seats tonight as the others will be full of passionate city fans,not day tripping knobheads who treat football like a trip to a theme park.
Basically our club is still very much the working class mans club and times are hard at the minute to be forking out every week to go to the match,sometimes it will be a choice of food on the table or football.
The irony of the rag swamp dwelling shitbags is that the ones dishing it out will be the ones who would have to ask you directions to the swamp.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Twitter full of rags mocking the fact that tickets are still on sale for tonight's game (although it looks like it will be close to a sell out)

Let's give them a little history lesson. The current CL started in the 92/93 season but they only entered the following year.

Their first home match was on 29th September 1993 against Honved of Hungary. In a stadium with a capacity of 45,000 they got 35,781.

Feel free to remind them of this.

They mock us about empty seats we mock them about victory parades..

Tick follows tock :)

Gary James said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Twitter full of rags mocking the fact that tickets are still on sale for tonight's game (although it looks like it will be close to a sell out)

Let's give them a little history lesson. The current CL started in the 92/93 season but they only entered the following year.

Their first home match was on 29th September 1993 against Honved of Hungary. In a stadium with a capacity of 45,000 they got 35,781.

Feel free to remind them of this.

Also try Sept 1992 - UEFA CUP V Torpedo Moscow. Attendance 19,998 (City have never had a European crowd that small).
Citys lowest european gate, to my mind, was 17200 v Midtjyland Aug 2008, albeit a qualifyer.

ban-mcfc said:
the funny thing is, we have sold out pretty much both home games so far, and this champs league game hasn't even began yet so how the fuck do they know what the attendance will be?

which by the way is predicted to be very close if not sell out, these fuckers are so deluded it's untrue. it's definitely got to the stage where they are more obsessed with us.

chelsea didn't sell their home support out last night, arsenal won't when they're at home, the only reason these cunts sell out in the cups is because they automatically sell them cup tickets on top of the season tickets. my mate who's a rag season ticket holder says it's a disgrace and he feels he should get a choice.

it's coming to the point with him that if united make it through all the comps he'll be skint, he actually said if they go out the carling cup he'll be happy. so one of their biggest fans wants them to lose because if they win they will steal from him. brilliant. what a decent club they are.

Chelsea did not sell out last night because there was an organised boycott because the club has increased ticket prices for Champions League games by 33%, there is one planned against Genk as well. Arsenal have a 60,000 seater stadium so even for minnow CL teams they don't go below 50,000.

Guys it will be VERY EMBARRASSING and poor if we don't sell out, there is no point denying it. With all the money our owner has invested, our top quality players and the achievement to get in the CL. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME OUR CLUB IS IN THE CL, for God sake!! No point comparing to Arsenal and Chelsea for above reasons but don't forget Arsenal have been in the CL for 14 years and Chelsea have been for 9 years. This is our first time!! When Chelsea got into the Champions League, of course they were sold out for their first game.

FAO zonalmarking

It's called banter. I like facts and figures and I like reminding rags or other fans of the ones they'd prefer not to remember.

I see you've only been on here a month. This board has its own character and if you don't like it then don't come on. I see lots of threads I don't want to read so I don't read them. What I don't do is go on the thread and get my knickers in a twist about it or be rude to someone.

I am free to post what I like and you're free to ignore it. That answer your question?

intheknow! said:
Chelsea did not sell out last night because there was an organised boycott because the club has increased ticket prices for Champions League games by 33%, there is one planned against Genk as well. Arsenal have a 60,000 seater stadium so even for minnow CL teams they don't go below 50,000.

Guys it will be VERY EMBARRASSING and poor if we don't sell out, there is no point denying it. With all the money our owner has invested, our top quality players and the achievement to get in the CL. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME OUR CLUB IS IN THE CL, for God sake!! No point comparing to Arsenal and Chelsea for above reasons but don't forget Arsenal have been in the CL for 14 years and Chelsea have been for 9 years. This is our first time!! When Chelsea got into the Champions League, of course they were sold out for their first game.

Care to explain why? We're not a club full of glory hunters. we've got a loyal hardcore support although some find it difficult to spend money on tickets for Premier League and then Champions League. The club has been superb in reducing prices as realistically low as they can, it still doesn't change people's income. If we get above 42k i don't see any shame in that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.