10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to grow up a bit.

Was obvious within 5 minutes that he wasnt going to get lots of cheap fouls from the ref, maybe not even some deserved fouls.

You don't keep going down every time and throwing your hands around when the foul doesn't come.

Adapt, play the ref, deal with it. If the ref is letting some physicality go, stick your boot in and give your opposite number the same treatment.

Looked like a guy playing his first big CL game.

Completely agree. Hope he feels a bit embarrassed by his performance rather than feeling he was hard done to.

Looking forward to seeing how his game changes with us because he's too good to rely solely on winning set pieces against tough opponents.

i'm worried about how one dimensional his game has been from the left wing. almost no variety. barely even goes past or tries to go past the defender. it's almost too methodical. like he's been told to only pretend to dribble for a few yards then lay it back. doesn't use his left foot enough too.

i'm worried about how one dimensional his game has been from the left wing. almost no variety. barely even goes past or tries to go past the defender. it's almost too methodical. like he's been told to only pretend to dribble for a few yards then lay it back. doesn't use his left foot enough too.
It will be because he's been told to play that methodical way. Sterling does it Mahrez does it . Its predictable as hell.

If he is stuck out very wide on the left he needs lots of overlaps from the fullback.Then sometimes he can use this as a decoy to cut in on his right and create chances ,this didn’t happen last night.

It will be because he's been told to play that methodical way. Sterling does it Mahrez does it . Its predictable as hell.
I really don’t believe Pep tells them not to try and beat people when in the final 3rd. With Mahrez even last night it was never for the want of trying. Same with Foden when he’s wide left when one on one he’ll take on his man and was keeping Sterling out of the team doing that last season. Even Jesus on the right against admittedly shite defences in Arsenal and Norwich was taking on the fullbacks and we looked so much better for it. I really can’t envisage Pep saying cut out that dribbling when up against a fullback close to the opposition box. He had 2 masters of it in Messi and Robben in the past.

It's great to see we have such a supportive fanbase willing to get behind a new player...
Haha! Fuck me, things didn't happen for him last night and it was a sharp shock to his system I imagine knowing that standards here are ultimately on a different planet to what he's used to but he will learn from games like PSG and adapt because he's a proper footballer who picks up things pretty quickly as evidenced by his start in a blue shirt.
All season will be the same though, same posters saying the same things every time he's below par but nowhere to be seen when he's had another excellent game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.