10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The press are saying he’s had to move out of his apartment due to fans finding out where he lives and hanging around outside. Bit weird, I can only assume it’s the boy band style fan girls.

grealish has been fine. Not set the world alight, but he's done well in the majority of games he's played. Last night was a huge step up for him, but one poor game doesnt change anything.

Unfortunately his reputation and price tag is such that the slightest drop off in performance will be hugely exaggerated and scrutinised by rival fans and the media. Its going to be something he'll have to live with. However, i do think the lad has a thick enough skin to deal with it!

It's great to see we have such a supportive fanbase willing to get behind a new player...
Haha! Fuck me, things didn't happen for him last night and it was a sharp shock to his system I imagine knowing that standards here are ultimately on a different planet to what he's used to but he will learn from games like PSG and adapt because he's a proper footballer who picks up things pretty quickly as evidenced by his start in a blue shirt.
All season will be the same though, same posters saying the same things every time he's below par but nowhere to be seen when he's had another excellent game.

The incredible irony of you posting this after being camped in the Sterling thread for the past 18 months is fucking hilarious.

Anyway this forum isn't a supportive fanbase, anyone who's been on here 5 minutes should know that, and you're one of them. This forum wanted Gundogan sold until his 5th season. They want Sterling "fucked off". Jesus. Stones. Rodri. Danilo. Bravo. Mangala. Serious amounts of people wanted Guardiola sacked in January 2017 and September 2020.

This place fucking hates the players and manager, and despises the upper management of the club excluding Khaldoon.

The incredible irony of you posting this after being camped in the Sterling thread for the past 18 months is fucking hilarious.

Anyway this forum isn't a supportive fanbase, anyone who's been on here 5 minutes should know that, and you're one of them. This forum wanted Gundogan sold until his 5th season. They want Sterling "fucked off". Jesus. Stones. Rodri. Danilo. Bravo. Mangala. Serious amounts of people wanted Guardiola sacked in January 2017 and September 2020.

This place fucking hates the players and manager, and despises the upper management of the club excluding Khaldoon.
Camped in the Sterling thread defending him unless you’re confusing me with somebody else?
I changed from Pablo to Phil1.
If you’re not confusing me then I’ve no idea what the fuck you’re on about because if anything I’m overly happy clappy to most on here.

Judge him in six months time , my only concern is that he’s not continually picked because of his price tag and he’s nowhere near the player Foden is .

Hardly got forward? He was pivotal to both their goals(I know Grealish had gone off before the second) they scored in the 8th minute and didn't need to send their fullbacks flying on from that moment onwards when you've got the front 3 they have.

Hakimi as you said yourself is an attacking fullback yet had Grealish in his pocket all game, don't think he got beat even once did he? and exploited his reluctance to track him too.

what makes you so sure TAA who has similar desires to attack more than defend and could pose the same kind of threat going forward backed up by fabinho/Henderson as cover who are both more defensive minded than verratti will result in the complete opposite to tonight? Liverpool will no doubt aim to target that battle as a potential match winner in their favour if both play (I think foden plays there on Sunday anyway and hasn't Klopp said he's injured?)
The fact Grealish takes two or three opposition players out of the game is something we should be taking advantage of , bit early to be critical of Grealish after six games ,Pep will be working on him and will be up to speed with how we play in double quick time.
The Cancelo/ Grealish combination looks great but they are both attack minded players and will leave space for the opposition , when Zinchenko is fit he will play the games were we need a more cautious approach.

He needs to get used to not having any space infront of him, and quickly.
Bit of a culture shock for Grealish when playing for Villa their team was under the cosh in a lot of games , he is now playing a totally different games where we dominate the opposition , it will take time for him to adapt to our game. Not sure why this has to happen "quickly" we have Foden who can play the position if needed whilst Grealish gets to grip with our tactics and way of play.

I never form an opinion on a signing until their second season but amongst a number of things I admire anout Grealish is that when be gets the ball it's very hard for the opposition to dispossess him without fouling.

That's an invaluable trait particularly against decent sides when the defence is under pressure like it often is at Anfield. Too often with Sterling (due to a piss-poor first touch) and, to a lesser extent, Mahrez (who, despite a sublime first-touch does not have the heart to win anything other than a 95/5 ball) the ball is played out and comes straight back so the defence gets no relief.

I've seen enough to think he'll be a star once he gets to know the system and the players properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.