10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look at the Volley's v Derby and Cardiff for villa.
If they ain't putting your foot through a ball,I don't know what is.
And to be fair to him,he gets into positions where he doesn't have to put his foot through it...IMO.
But in quite a few of his games for us so far, he has got into positions where he could have put his foot through it and a natural goal scorer would.

When you play without a striker a player in his position is going to have to contribute a decent amount of goals, at this moment I don't see that and it's something he is going to have to improve on.

But in quite a few of his games for us so far, he has got into positions where he could have put his foot through it and a natural goal scorer would.

When you play without a striker a player in his position is going to have to contribute a decent amount of goals, at this moment I don't see that and it's something he is going to have to improve on.
Maybe needs just a bit more time.....played 8 for us,I think.

Maybe needs just a bit more time.....played 8 for us,I think.
Agreed, early days for him, he had a very good start but in the last couple of matches has just slipped a notch or two, and he does slow us down, reminds me of Mahrez in his first season, hopefully he will get up to speed quickly and will show his worth.

I thought he was pretty good last night tbh especially when you consider how much the ref let Hakimi get away with.

In normal circumstances Hakimi would have had to play a lot more cautiously.

I thought he was pretty good last night tbh especially when you consider how much the ref let Hakimi get away with.

In normal circumstances Hakimi would have had to play a lot more cautiously.
If good is having a great first touch and playing 15 yard passes then you’ll never really see him have a bad game because technically he is top class. In the position he’s in with teams constantly parking the bus he needs to take on and beat his man quickly when we get him the space to attack. Also needs to be scoring and creating more.

Have a look at the Volley's v Derby and Cardiff for villa.
If they ain't putting your foot through a ball,I don't know what is.
And to be fair to him,he gets into positions where he doesn't have to put his foot through it...IMO.
You could say the same about Raz, early days though, I’ll judge him after a full season.

He's not shooting enough/getting into enough shooting positions. Other forwards in our team averaging about 4 shots per90...Jack having 1.9 per90. That's nullifying us vs teams that can defend.
He's playing way too safely, needs to take a leaf out of Kevs book and just play a high risk/high reward game. Its all well and good spanking shit teams it's vs good ones the lack of striker is plainly obvious, so we need our players to be more direct, attempt those Hollywood passes more often and don't be afraid to shoot, you'll miss often but you'll also score waayyy more often.

Not his greatest game, but wasn't horrible. Think next step for him is to be braver with the ball. Lad's got alot going for him (excellent technique, great dribbling) to be one of the best footballers in the world. Got be more direct, the same way Foden immediately did when he came on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.