10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The major worry to me at this point in his career with us is work rate or lack of it and what appears a major lack of fitness.

In every game he has played, when you see him close up he is blowing very heavily.

I would have though by now he is up to some sort of decent fitness level but he his still blowing hard.

One other weakness is his ball striking, it's at Sterling levels, will Grealish be a regular goal scorer?
Agree he's not got the fitness to play past 75vmins at elite level

Yet to see him put his foot through the ball, lovely to see a player pass the ball into the net, like his goal against RB, but sometimes it needs a player to strike a ball, and not sure he can do that.

Agree with that about Grealish but Sterling is absolutely shocking at making a true contact on the ball. Nowhere near the same.

Yet to see him put his foot through the ball, lovely to see a player pass the ball into the net, like his goal against RB, but sometimes it needs a player to strike a ball, and not sure he can do that.
Have a look at the Volley's v Derby and Cardiff for villa.
If they ain't putting your foot through a ball,I don't know what is.
And to be fair to him,he gets into positions where he doesn't have to put his foot through it...IMO.

Agree with that about Grealish but Sterling is absolutely shocking at making a true contact on the ball. Nowhere near the same.
Maybe but not as bad, but there is a trend of a lot of modern players who simply don't "strike" the ball.

Nothing better than see a player absolutely twat a football, Foden did it against Wycombe, the power on the ball was freighting.

I think he’s been one of our best this season. He wasn’t great last night but I still thought we missed him when he went off.

The referee decided at the start he wasn’t going to give him a single foul, so I can see why Pep hooked him.

New player, in a new system. Give him time

For me, he’s been great in most of the games. Wasn’t too good last night but certainly not the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.