10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge him in six months time , my only concern is that he’s not continually picked because of his price tag and he’s nowhere near the player Foden is .

Different players - Foden’s skillset makes him more impactful in the final third, while Grealish can manipulate the tempo of a game if he’s relocated to a deeper central role in a way Phil can’t. Logic says play Foden on the left of the front 3 and Grealish in midfield….but that’d be too orthodox for Pep.

Different players - Foden’s skillset makes him more impactful in the final third, while Grealish can manipulate the tempo of a game if he’s relocated to a deeper central role in a way Phil can’t. Logic says play Foden on the left of the front 3 and Grealish in midfield….but that’d be too orthodox for Pep.
That’s what I was hoping for when he signed. His ability to keep the ball could be superb more centrally. Wide when we manage to expose a fullback I want to see the wide take his man on in the final 3rd and attempt to make something happen before our opponents inevitably get 2/3 men over against us as cover.

I am holding full judgement as we have seen countless times players take sometimes a full season to become game changers in Pep's teams.

The one thing that worries me is a reluctance to take players on. We have seen this before as Pep hates losing possession with Raz and Leroy springing to mind.

Pep also keeps players out wide and only moves them inside when he fully trusts them for that role. The only exception is KDB, he is the one who has the most licence to roam but he always has another 2 in midfield to cover him.

I am holding full judgement as we have seen countless times players take sometimes a full season to become game changers in Pep's teams.

The one thing that worries me is a reluctance to take players on. We have seen this before as Pep hates losing possession with Raz and Leroy springing to mind.

Pep also keeps players out wide and only moves them inside when he fully trusts them for that role. The only exception is KDB, he is the one who has the most licence to roam but he always has another 2 in midfield to cover him.

Pep doesn't hate losing possession when the risk/reward calculation is heavily in our favour. His game plan often involves switching the play to try and isolate a fullback against one of our wingers, in which case he absolutely wants our player to take their fullback on

I think the bigger issue with our wingers trying to dribble past players is that we're not particularly well set up to take advantage of it a lot of the time due to missing a presence in the box

The incredible irony of you posting this after being camped in the Sterling thread for the past 18 months is fucking hilarious.

Anyway this forum isn't a supportive fanbase, anyone who's been on here 5 minutes should know that, and you're one of them. This forum wanted Gundogan sold until his 5th season. They want Sterling "fucked off". Jesus. Stones. Rodri. Danilo. Bravo. Mangala. Serious amounts of people wanted Guardiola sacked in January 2017 and September 2020.

This place fucking hates the players and manager, and despises the upper management of the club excluding Khaldoon.

How you can ignore the treatment of David Silva in 2018 is staggering -)

The incredible irony of you posting this after being camped in the Sterling thread for the past 18 months is fucking hilarious.

Anyway this forum isn't a supportive fanbase, anyone who's been on here 5 minutes should know that, and you're one of them. This forum wanted Gundogan sold until his 5th season. They want Sterling "fucked off". Jesus. Stones. Rodri. Danilo. Bravo. Mangala. Serious amounts of people wanted Guardiola sacked in January 2017 and September 2020.

This place fucking hates the players and manager, and despises the upper management of the club excluding Khaldoon.
Take your point, but for the record, I give 100% backing to whoever pulls on the blue shirt, whatever the game, whatever the circumstances. I back the manager even when I don't understand his decisions because he is the best manager in world football. I support the decisions made by our chairman because he is a very experienced businessman and his planning and strategy means he rarely makes mistakes. I respect his dignified manner. I am disappointed when we lose, or when things go wrong, but I fully realise we are a very good team and club, and I wouldn't change the last 13 or so years for what went before.

Grealish has done well for us so far. He's shown great skill on the left but has been doubly marked for much of the time. He was kept quiet in Paris but he didn’t play badly. Foden is quicker and more direct but if both play like they did at Chelsea (rather than Sterling) Grealish is more of a threat. He will come good here and what we have seen so far is pretty good.

Pep doesn't hate losing possession when the risk/reward calculation is heavily in our favour. His game plan often involves switching the play to try and isolate a fullback against one of our wingers, in which case he absolutely wants our player to take their fullback on

I think the bigger issue with our wingers trying to dribble past players is that we're not particularly well set up to take advantage of it a lot of the time due to missing a presence in the box
Spot on. With no 9, defenses don’t respect the presence in the middle and play off the front foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.