10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
grealish has been fine. Not set the world alight, but he's done well in the majority of games he's played. Last night was a huge step up for him, but one poor game doesnt change anything.

Unfortunately his reputation and price tag is such that the slightest drop off in performance will be hugely exaggerated and scrutinised by rival fans and the media. Its going to be something he'll have to live with. However, i do think the lad has a thick enough skin to deal with it!
I think the lad has done ok to be fair but should we have spent so much on a player who had never made as you put it a huge step up before. On the evidence of the PSG game it is clear who we should have splashed the cash on. Let us hope Jack can develop into a big match winner but its a steep hill he still has to climb.

I think the lad has done ok to be fair but should we have spent so much on a player who had never made as you put it a huge step up before. On the evidence of the PSG game it is clear who we should have splashed the cash on. Let us hope Jack can develop into a big match winner but its a steep hill he still has to climb.
The buy out was 100m,we wanted him,which means we had little choice about spending 'so much'.The money bothers me not one bit,im not sure why it does you? Grealish improves us,and we prevented him improving a rival,nothing else matters.

I'm very much looking forward to the frustration he suffered against PSG being taken out on the Victims.

Poch put two players on him, tells you what you need to know.
Yep,i pointed that out earlier in the thread(yet some are choosing to ignore it) and couple that with a refereeing performance that sent shudders.....he had little chance to play his A game.

Maybe others should have used the lesser attention/opportunity to step up?

Grealish is quality,i have every confidence he will force his doubters to see that.

Last edited:
Poch put two players on him, tells you what you need to know.
No disputing it happened at Villa but I don’t think it really did the other night. When a team pretty much parks the bus they will be able to shuffle an extra man over to help the fullback. That’s nowt to do with it being Grealish they were doing the same against Mahrez. Plenty of times he got it one on one when we got him the ball quickly. If he then chooses to take 3/4 touches and almost wait for the fullback to commit rather than driving at him straightaway then yeah he’ll always end up with 2 to beat when at City.

Let’s not kid ourselves that there is suddenly loads of space elsewhere though like it would be in an open game because there isn’t. Teams consistently have 7/8 players back defending against us. Only team who didn’t double up on the wide men were Norwich hence leaving Jesus with all the space in the world making him look like a world beating winger despite having 9 men back most of the game. They were very much the exception though and will clearly finish bottom because they’re shite.

Last edited:
No disputing it happened at Villa but I don’t think it really did the other night. When a team pretty much parks the bus they will be able to shuffle an extra man over to help the fullback. That’s nowt to do with it being Grealish they were doing the same against Mahrez. Plenty of times he got it one on one when we got him the ball quickly. If he then chooses to take 3/4 touches and almost wait for the fullback to commit rather than driving at him straightaway then yeah he’ll always end up with 2 to beat when at City.

Let’s not kid ourselves that there is suddenly loads of space elsewhere though like it would be in an open game because there isn’t. Teams consistently have 7/8 players back defending against us. Only team who didn’t double up on the wide men were Norwich hence leaving Jesus with all the space in the world making him look like a world beating winger despite having 9 men back most of the game. They were very much the exception though and will clearly finish bottom because they’re shite.
I think that's the colloquial definition of putting 2 players on a player. I don't think any manager actually assigns 2 guys to defend one player all over the field. That would be silly

I think that's the colloquial definition of putting 2 players on a player. I don't think any manager actually assigns 2 guys to defend one player all over the field. That would be silly
Disagree.Watching him for Villa teams would often double up on just him. Watch him for City and there are no special plans they just have enough back to double up on our wingers especially if they take their time when receiving the ball. That’s my point we’ve got him the ball loads of times one on one but he’s rarely driving at them. He waits, cuts inside often tries to draw a foul or plays it inside.

I think he’s class but we need more from our wide attackers against parked buses. We also need a lot of goals without a striker. Yes we’ll be up there in terms of goals with Chelsea and co but if we have too many games we don’t score in the 5’s against shite won’t count for much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.