10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The buy out was 100m,we wanted him,which means we had little choice about spending 'so much'.The money bothers me not one bit,im not sure why it does you? Grealish improves us,and we prevented him improving a rival,nothing else matters.

I'm very much looking forward to the frustration he suffered against PSG being taken out on the Victims.
Well we have a finite amount of money at our disposal despite what some might think. The logical thing is to get value for your money and 100 million is rather a lot, it smashed our record as we moved out of Covid recession.
That said I do think he is a good player and improves us but the fact is he never really kicked a ball in anger at the very highest level before we splashed the cash and I think it showed on Tuesday night. But of course he should not be judged on this first appearance in the CL and will get further opportunities to shine in the future.
Now the trip to the dippers will also be a big test for the lad, particularly if Sterling is not on the pitch he will be subjected to all the hatred and bile the cult can muster up.

Well we have a finite amount of money at our disposal despite what some might think. The logical thing is to get value for your money and 100 million is rather a lot, it smashed our record as we moved out of Covid recession.
That said I do think he is a good player and improves us but the fact is he never really kicked a ball in anger at the very highest level before we splashed the cash and I think it showed on Tuesday night. But of course he should not be judged on this first appearance in the CL and will get further opportunities to shine in the future.
Now the trip to the dippers will also be a big test for the lad, particularly if Sterling is not on the pitch he will be subjected to all the hatred and bile the cult can muster up.
Fair points,he is on a steep learning curve for sure,but i think we have already seen enough he has both the character and the ability to handle both and be a success here.
As for his price.....As ive said,the maths must have worked,so i'll leave that for our detractors get to get their knickers in a twist about.

He'll be a big player tomorrrow,i have confidence.

Fair points,he is on a steep learning curve for sure,but i think we have already seen enough he has both the character and the ability to handle both and be a success here.
As for his price.....As ive said,the maths must have worked,so i'll leave that for our detractors get to get their knickers in a twist about.

He'll be a big player tomorrrow,i have confidence.
Fully agree and the 100 million does not make me lose any sleep it is just an important pschological as opposed to financial barrier I guess. Hopefully Jack will pay off a large slice of it tomorrow.

At this stage I’m really not sure the levels of performance we can expect consistently from Grealish and that’s because I personally can’t figure out how good he is yet. Maybe that says more about my footballing nous!

He appears like he has all the tools to really dictate and influence a game, yet when I’ve watched him closely to try and figure him out, I haven’t really seen that enough. He obviously has the quality to check inside a player and curl it inside the far post and given the space he most certainly will more often than not.

He can beat a man, he can interchange clever intricate passes in and around the box, having played with Villa he is used to having that pressure as the main man. He won’t shy away from anything and will love a hostile away atmosphere. All that said, he still seems peripheral on a number of games I’ve seen him in, even in games that has pundits/writers/fans purring about his performance, I still don’t necessarily see it.

The £100m fee is what it is, it won’t bother Grealish and doesn’t in any way form part of my assessment of him. I wasn’t entirely convinced he was the best available option to us in the summer, is he the man to bring the Champs Lge here, I’m still not convinced yet. I’m hoping at Anfield I can finally see what a lot of people already do see as I’ve no doubt the quality is there, perhaps for some bizarre reason I’m just partially blind to it at the moment.

Why is he always forced to hug the touch line and has no freedom to move? His talents are absolutely wasted on the wing in big games.
Probably the same reason that every other player who plays on the wing for Pep is forced to hug the touchline.

Grealish has done well since arriving a useful oulet and attracts fouls and free kicks but risking some abuse i think he should be on the bench against the Dippers and bring in a more energetic player who will close down their defenders , Jesus and Foden playing wide and Torres in the centre with Grealish playing the last 20 minutes against a tiring defence.
We can than break another record , the most expensive subs bench in history

Also a great idea with the other players considering the success we've had with it.
Wouldn’t say Sterling hugs the left touch line. Obviously stretching the pitch is the best way to open up teams who park the bus. The point is though you need the person who’s hugging the touch line to then attack the fullback quickly when we get him one on one. Jack hasn’t been doing that. Foden can and would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.