10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see these quotes posted but in the build up on the radio the had Pep talking about how big an adjustment it is for Grealish to play every 3 days, which he's never done before. They have had to sit down and teach him about his food, when he eats, his recovery, focusing 100% of your day around football and emphasising that you can't have days off.

It reminded me of Stephen Warnock once saying that people don't realise top 4 players are just different athletes to a normal PL player and he spoke about when you go man to man they're just so much leaner and stronger.

These are things people just don't think about when they see a player like Grealish move for £100m. It's going to take him 6 months at least to get to his best.
Fuck right off with the sensible shite....no fucking place for this kind of post on BM.

Reported.....

Fuck right off with the sensible shite....no fucking place for this kind of post on BM.

Reported.....
This may be the case but I find it hard to believe that virtually all PL players would not be 100 per cent prepared physically for games. Footballing talent is a horse of a different colour entirely.

This may be the case but I find it hard to believe that virtually all PL players would not be 100 per cent prepared physically for games. Footballing talent is a horse of a different colour entirely.

Not all of them, there's clear difference between genuine top 4 team than the rest of league.

I actually thought he played really well. Lots of our good play and attacks were coming through him on the left. Definite starter for me

a few more months getting used to city and our style he’ll be one of our best players
Agreed.
I think his issue is a little bit of a lack of confidence. If he scored a few goals he might get rid of that issue. He knows people expect to see goals and assists from him and there's a pressure he didn't have at Villa.
I think we are going to see a better player in a few weeks time, but personally i'm happy with what Ive seen so far as well.

Nothing mind blowing last night but he was steady,reliable and effective.

He is very much a cog in a very well oiled machine,and individually he will improve.

I thought he had a brilliant game, he keeps possession so well and slides beautiful weighted passes behind the defence. I can't remember the team playing better than the first 80 odd minutes, so many players interacting seamlessly, superb and he was a key player. Pep must be delighted.

That press at the end of the first half was great to see, no room for prima donnas in Peps team

I thought he looked good when he went to the middle on a couple of occasions in the second half. Should’ve had an assist had he passed when he forced a shot in box in the second half as well.

Will take him time to get used to things but he’s got the tools to succeed. Can only wish him well.

This may be the case but I find it hard to believe that virtually all PL players would not be 100 per cent prepared physically for games.

What do you mean? Not sure if I've misunderstood what you're getting at but it's definitely going to be a shock for him coming from Villa to us. Not only is he going to be expected to play way more games but I'd imagine the average distances Pep expects our players to cover per game will be greater than what has been asked of him previously.

Then take into account that Bernardo Silva more often than not didn't last past the 60 minute mark for Monaco before being substituted and there were question marks over whether his fitness levels would be up to scratch because of that. The guy has been living off brews and Duracells since that initial bedding in period.

He's not exactly out of shape right now but I'd expect his fitness to go up a few levels once he's had that same time to adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.