10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If his figures aren’t as good as Sterling by the end of the season this place will be fun, just let him find his feet.
No chance of that happening, sterling has more premier League goals in one season that grealish has in his career.

Where he plays for us. But he was basically given the freedom to roam wherever he wanted and ended up in the 10 position a lot.
others who have replied seem to think it was left wing/left side only in name or when defending.....?

You compare after the season, wear a tin hat.
This season? What makes you think he's suddenly going to start doing something hes never done? His prem league goal ratio is 0.15 a game, 16 goals in 105 games , raz best prem goals is 19 so you think grealish is gonna score 20 this season?

The cancelo one was as simple as they come, he's not created that, cancelo's run has created that, I'd expect every single player on the pitch to play that ball. I've yet to see any highlights and honestly don't have any recollection of the mahrez one.

Edit, having now seen the highlights I think I know which mahrez chance you're talking about, again it was a very basic ball, I saw mahrez himself play about 4 better balls tonight off the top of my head that *could* have lead to an assist, no mention of those though because they're nothing spectacular, just a standard ball you'd expect any player in that position to play and doesn't hold much weight when evaluating his overall contribution to the game.

As for saying 2 assists tonight turns him into a £100 million player, maybe for the media and the social media lot who just look at the score and see the 2 minute highlights but I'm basing my view on his overall game and contribution to the side over the course of the game and its currently nowhere near enough.

It doesn’t matter really if they were basic balls that anyone could do. He did do them so he can’t be offering nothing as you originally stated, I didn’t see Bernardo or Mahrez do them basic balls tonight.

He’s second behind Alexander Arnold in chances created in the Premier League and created chances again tonight.

It’s what he does and what he is doing.

this here gentlemen I what I call an agenda against a player. saying that he did not create cancelo's chance I downright silly. did you see the pause and then the weight of the pass which put him in a shooting position? If you can't see that this football is not the game for you I am afraid.
Mate, I saw you comment on another users post after the Palace game claiming Bernardo did nothing all game and jesus and cancelo were worse than Grealish in an attempt to defend him after somebody said he was one of the worst players on the pitch. That's Bernardo who was comfortably the best player in blue and at the time the MOtM poll had Bernardo jesus and cancelo as the top 3 picks after "nobody. " I genuinely thought you were trolling at the time.

Now if that's a genuine view, that is either one of the worst takes we've seen on here and football really isn't for you or an actual agenda filled post.

I have zero agenda, I don't understand why you could possibly think any city fan could have an agenda against our record signing, what possible reason could I or anybody else have for having something personal against Grealish? Why would anybody not want him to be a roaring success?

Yes I saw the pass, it was a good pass, nothing special, I've seen Kyle walker make dozens of them this season already and as I said, I would be expecting every single player on the pitch to make that pass with ease. It was the run of cancelo that made that chance.

What was your view on gundogans pass for sterling's goal? That required more precision and weight to it to score, are you going to over praise that too or was it just a good pass that you'd expect him or anybody else in the same situation to make?

I'm not getting on his case, never have, but how much time will he need to learn another trick other than cut inside onto his right foot, and let the RB tackle him every time. Maybe he needs to play another position, maybe he needs a left footed LB outside him?
And who`s fault is that ?? None other than our Manager for continually playing him out of position !!!
Time and time again and I make no apologies for repeating this but Jack aint a left winger .Never has been never will be so Pep FFS sort it out and get him playing in a position that he was so successful with at Villa.

The assists/lack of don’t bother me. The lack of running does. Foden tracked back like a maniac from the centre forward position to try to win the ball back while Jack was ambling around. Grealish does get the ball standing stock-still most of the time. And it invariably goes straight back where it came from, just giving time for the defence to get in an A1 shape. Didn’t watch huge amounts of Grealish at Villa, but agree a wide-left attacker is neither his best position, nor what we bought him for long-term. I was going ape-shit about him at half-time; I apologise to the kids sat around me who heard my less than temperate ranting. Just get there on time next time, lads, not 14 minutes after kick-off please.

But Pep knows. The crazy caIvito just knows. And Grealish was certainly better 2nd half, when huge spaces opened up and he could drift across the front 3.
1 I agree Foden's work rate is better than Grealish.

2 However for the going back to try to win the ball back thing - it depends. In Pep's current system Wingers have to keep the width(I don't like it actually) - leaving position without your full back in positions is a no no. In the 1st half of away game against Liverpool, Grealish was false 9 and he occasionally dropped deep to help Sliva to gain back control of the ball as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.