10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is regardless if you give Grealish 1 season or 5 , he will not be better on the LW than Foden nor Jesus
That presupposes that all players will play in the same position against all opponents and strategies. I also heard that Rodri will never be as good as Fernandinho; that Gabby was not at our level; that Gundo did nothing but pass sideways; that Cancelo cannot defend; that Bernardo was finished and that John Stones was a walking mistake. The explanation was clear about why he wanted a left-footed left-winger in this game and it worked but the reason for our success is our flexibility and depth, as much as it is anything else, and we will need all these great players throughout a long, arduous campaign.

That presupposes that all players will play in the same position against all opponents and strategies. I also heard that Rodri will never be as good as Fernandinho; that Gabby was not at our level; that Gundo did nothing but pass sideways; that Cancelo cannot defend; that Bernardo was finished and that John Stones was a walking mistake. The explanation was clear about why he wanted a left-footed left-winger in this game and it worked but the reason for our success is our flexibility and depth, as much as it is anything else, and we will need all these great players throughout a long, arduous campaign.

That neatly summaries a lot of my thoughts on the subject :-)

Foden, Jesus and Grealish are all very talented players who can play in positions across the pitch. And certainly in Phil's case in much deeper roles. I'd even wager that both Jesus and Foden could make a decent fist of being full backs or wing-backs. All three can happily be accommodated in the same high quality XI and it doesn't matter who is best where given the squad requirements City have.

One or two other players may ultimately leave the squad because we now have Jack.

I've said this before but we paid a lot of money for Grealish because proven English players of his quality are expensive and to have any hope of playing regularly for City, anyone one we buy who falls into that category will have a hefty price tag.

Sadly, such a realistic analysis will not sway those who have their own agenda, summed up
by "Grealish is shit---fact". BM is rife with similar "vendettas", often accompanied by "I'm
entitled to my opinion". Thing is, no-one, ever, has been denied the right to an opinion. So,
just a glib phrase intended to defend a point of view, in my opinon :)

100 million dosnt mean anything ?
That must be because its not your money then ! I look at City's money like my own and I'm afraid to say it means a lot to me, some people just think because we are a club that can afford to spend whatever...it dosnt matter, and I just don't get that to be honest
What an odd attitude to have. How on earth is what City spend relevant to you?

If he's in the side, he's expected to perform regardless of how long he's been here and right now, the side is better without him in it. It's upto Grealish to adapt and change that.

No matter how talented a player, moving from Villa to City (at the current time) is a seismic move in terms of expectations, style, training, colleagues, and management. He was an absolute hero at Villa and coming here to be part of a world-class squad is not easy. As fans, we should support him without fail because once he settles fully, he will be superb for us. As it is, I don't get the criticism anyway because he's made a decent start.
You can Support him and still offer opinions that might be critical of his current performances, it's not one or the other. Simply saying he will be better in 12 months doesn't excuse what he does right now, this is afterall a player performance thread, a place to comment on current performances not a predict the future thread. We all expect much more from him 12 months down the line but that's pretty much irrelevant to the purpose of this entire subforum.

the best thing that can happen to him is to just move centrally. we work much better with a left footer on the left
I agree I think we will see with Jack what we saw with Bernardo in that when signed played mostly out wide but will eventually end up in the middle

I hold firmly to 2 positions:
  1. with the ongoing integration and adaptation to Pep and the team he will be v v good
  2. his end product so far has been poor and he has (understandably) looked jaded
If we were playing in a Champions League final tomorrow, the team that started yesterday works best for me.

In the league he has 1 goal and 2 assists from his 9 appearances/738 minutes. More damning is despite high numbers for Key Passes/Shot Creating Actions he has only created 2 OPTA Big Chances.

ALL of our other attacking mids/forwards have hit bigger numbers in less minutes than Grealish during their early 1st Pep season.

738m - Grealish 1G+2A

710m - Torres 2G+2A
684m - Bernardo 2G+2A
513m - Sane 2G+1A
510m= KDB 2G+4A

445m- Gundog 3G+1A
349m - Nolito 3G+1A

503m - Mahrez 4G+0A
419m - Sterling 4G+2A

349m - Sergio 5G+0A

650m - Jesus 7G+4A

Correct.
But we need all the negative posts about our players or the threads would be very short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.