10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt he'll be superb at some point...
But can't imagine he'll ever be as exciting as this guy:

Last edited:
One was desperate to leave us one was desperate to join us.
I know which one I'd prefer.
Not to take away anything from Sane the player though. He's ace on his day.
Grealish hasn’t matched the highs Sane achieved in certain games yet but he’s far more consistent.

He’s not having any absolute shockers, Leroy would have 2 shockers for every stellar performance, whereas Grealish has 3 good games.

Easy to execute a pass when the pass is either side ways or backwards.
I don't need to tell you that this could be argued of every City player.....that it's part of Pep's philosophy. What I'm talking about is passes in tight spaces in and around the box.
Time will tell whether Grealish justifies what we paid for him. I prefer to be optimistic until proven otherwise.

Didn't Pep recently say that he plays Jack wide left because it means the opposition has to leave two players out there to deal with him at all times ? That frees up space in the middle for Foden and the others to operate in.

Seems to me he's doing exactly what he's asked to do and, with his fantastic ball retention, he's doing it very well.

Doesn't fit the narrative for some BM posters NN that know everything there is to know about him as a player and person .

Doesn't fit the narrative for some BM posters NN that know everything there is to know about him as a player and person .

Even Glen Hoddle knows..

"He could thrive there eventually but I think he is still working out when to hold on to the ball at City. It was different at Villa because he was their release man, and he had to carry the ball, draw opposition players towards him and get the team up the pitch.
Now he is at City, if you overload against Jack to try to stop him, then it means someone else such as Foden or De Bruyne is free and he has got to find a pass rather than keep possession"

Looks like grealish and foden will be battling it out for a spot in the England team.
Not really.
Grealish is battling Sterling/Mount/etc for the LW in England.
Foden is battling Sterling/Saka/etc the RW spot.

And actually it is not about how good themselves are - it is about how well they can server the striker Harry Kane - very different from Pep's system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.