10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another solid performance again today but he’s got so much more in his locker, I have no doubt we’ll see it once he settles.

It’s quite weird watching him. He is great, his style of play fits us perfectly but when you consider what people expect for £100m, he will never deliver the G/A that makes the wider public accept it was a good deal. I know as City fans we all thought of Foden as Silvas successor but I think Grealish is more like him than Foden will ever be. He will make the team tick without ever having ridiculous G/A. The youngsters of tomorrow will look back at his stats and suggest he couldn’t have been that great. Only City fans will know.

It’s quite weird watching him. He is great, his style of play fits us perfectly but when you consider what people expect for £100m, he will never deliver the G/A that makes the wider public accept it was a good deal. I know as City fans we all thought of Foden as Silvas successor but I think Grealish is more like him than Foden will ever be. He will make the team tick without ever having ridiculous G/A. The youngsters of tomorrow will look back at his stats and suggest he couldn’t have been that great. Only City fans will know.
I think Foden will be a better version of Sterling. He has Sterling's pace and movement. Foden has better touch and is calmer when shooting. As a midfielder, he is a bit all over. He isn't as composed as Silva was or Gundogan is. Guardiola has said he expects a lot more from Foden in different positions, so it should be fun to watch Foden as he evolves.

I thought people were joking when they said he was on stage with Stomzy last night but it’s actually real!

People said he was too similar to what we already have but I think his ability to find time on the ball is something we haven't seen at City since Silva left. Hopefully Pep can teach when to hold onto it and when to release it, to control the tempo in the tougher games because that could be very useful.

I also think people are overlooking just how good Grealish can become with Peps guidance. He is already approaching world class and he looks to have a very high ceiling.
Totally agree, must be confusing at moment going from the go to guy for everything at Villa to settling in with players who have just as good a touch and pass as him, but I think Pep will mould him and his individual dribbling skill will bring us rewards in those 11 man defending games we get thru the season.

Totally agree, must be confusing at moment going from the go to guy for everything at Villa to settling in with players who have just as good a touch and pass as him, but I think Pep will mould him and his individual dribbling skill will bring us rewards in those 11 man defending games we get thru the season.
His dribbling skills give us something different as he draws players to him, opening up the space for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.