10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack's not ruined.

I can only assume, as I've assumed all season, that he's following Pep's instructions to the best of his abilities, and Pep's giving him those instructions for a reason - even if I can't necessarily fully understand that reason right now.

I don't doubt there have been matches where he's followed those instructions better than others. And I certainly don't dispute that there have been times where it's been frustrating to watch him.

He came to City to better himself. Not just to play in the CL and prove himself against the best teams in Europe, but to learn under arguably the best manager in the world.

According to people who know him, Jack's a student of the game who loves watching other players and teams and trying to understand what they're doing, how and why. For the past few years at Villa, he had a free role under a tactically naive manager, where he was basically used as a get out of jail free card, going wherever and doing whatever he felt in the moment was needed. That must have been frustrating, but even more frustrating would have been the noise around him being too much of a maverick to fit in with the national side.

He's not a maverick. He's a talented player who does what he's told, and when all he was being told is "go out there and win it for us", he looked like a maverick. But now his instructions are more complex and he's trusting Pep to be instructing him in a way that works best for the team.

It all seems to come down to whether or not you think Pep would authorise a big-money transfer for a player he'd been admiring and praising for years, but either not have a plan for how to use him, or keep playing him despite him not sticking to that plan. History suggests not.

He ain’t getting picked for these games because he hasn’t the pace and more likely lose the ball when running and dribbling he has to learn to pass it mid dribble or before a player tries to get s tackle in.

Can anyone think of a single game where this 100mill purchase has dragged us over the line? Either through goals, assists or workrate? I'm struggling here, but happy to be corrected.

Can anyone think of a single game where this 100mill purchase has dragged us over the line? Either through goals, assists or workrate? I'm struggling here, but happy to be corrected.
would you be happy to be corrected ? i don't get the shit him or sterling get off our so called fans, they both give their best for city, its all ive ever asked of a player in a city shirt

His time is coming. Expect vital contributions in the final 5-6 weeks of the season.

And of course, as others have pointed out, anyone having a go at him for anything yesterday when he was on the pitch for ten minutes is ridiculous. I'm not sure why Pep brought him on, tbh. There's certainly no upside for Jack. All it means is he'll get criticised for not magicking up a goal in the space of a few minutes, which was never going to happen. If you're not going to give him a chance to do something of value, Pep, best just leave him out of it altogether.
Imagine a player coming of the bench with time running out in a huge game and grabbing or making the winner.
You would think it has never happened to read this.
Nonsense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.