10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
its hard to miss the point of what would City fans say in general if he had made his move to Chelsea or United for 100m and performed exactly like he has at City.

all 3 big money transfers from last summer are pretty clear flops based on their first season imo.
Grealish, Lukaku, Sancho. there can be an argument how their second season might become better. no guarantees tho. this he will play better with a top striker, yes that is true for everyone else in the team. actuallly with a top striker some of the players we have playing regularly will be sitting on the bench an awful lot more. could be Grealish if he does not get better.

i will be honest if Villa would come back this summer and say here is your 100m we want him back, I would not hesitate.

also dont rate Pep's ways highly of basically he stuck him out on the left 90% of the time replacing either Foden or Sterling on the left meaning a lot less goal strong player is now part of our front three.
he will not score more than 3-4 goals a season even if played as left winger.
thats not a good thing when that means less playing time for Foden/Sterling on the left who both can can to 10/15 goals playing from same position.
Fat chance of them offering £50m let alone giving us our full money back.

its hard to miss the point of what would City fans say in general if he had made his move to Chelsea or United for 100m and performed exactly like he has at City.

all 3 big money transfers from last summer are pretty clear flops based on their first season imo.
Grealish, Lukaku, Sancho. there can be an argument how their second season might become better. no guarantees tho. this he will play better with a top striker, yes that is true for everyone else in the team. actuallly with a top striker some of the players we have playing regularly will be sitting on the bench an awful lot more. could be Grealish if he does not get better.

i will be honest if Villa would come back this summer and say here is your 100m we want him back, I would not hesitate.

also dont rate Pep's ways highly of basically he stuck him out on the left 90% of the time replacing either Foden or Sterling on the left meaning a lot less goal strong player is now part of our front three.
he will not score more than 3-4 goals a season even if played as left winger.
thats not a good thing when that means less playing time for Foden/Sterling on the left who both can can to 10/15 goals playing from same position.
I'd walk him back to villa for half of what we paid

i hate that people are trying to compare his first season to riyad's/leroy's/ even ferran's because he's been far far FAR worse than any of those were in their first season and it's not even close
Is he really that bad? Not saying he’s been great but scored and played a good ball to Jesus to put him clean through

Is he really that bad? Not saying he’s been great but scored and played a good ball to Jesus to put him clean through
oh I didn't say anything about yesterday just that his season has been a lot worse than the ones he's usually compared to with regards to "players that took a while to get going".

People are saying he is playing in the wrong position and they maybe correct....

But if we are to play him in his correct posiion who do we drop? Its not going to be KDB and he is nowhere near as good as Bernardo Silva so who else does he replace?

Foden can take his place outwide as Foden is more effective there anyway....Foden is also a better player as the false 9 as well.

Grealish aint playing from the right any time soon so again who does he replace if we are to play him in the preferred posiiion?

People are saying he is playing in the wrong position and they maybe correct....

But if we are to play him in his correct posiion who do we drop? Its not going to be KDB and he is nowhere near as good as Bernardo Silva so who else does he replace?

Foden can take his place outwide as Foden is more effective there anyway....Foden is also a better player as the false 9 as well.

Grealish aint playing from the right any time soon so again who does he replace if we are to play him in the preferred posiiion?

Gundo and KDB will be 31 and 32 next season, we all know how injury prone they are...

Plus, Bernardo still struggles to deliver as LCM and even though he is progressing a lot there, it isn't still anywhere near to his RCM end-product..

Only decent LCM we have right now is Gundo and that was the issue last year as well. So, Grealish should play as LCM and I think if given opportunity of 5-7-10 games, he will prove that he is better than Gundo and Bernardo there, or at least not worse.

That's the only game he played as LCM..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.