10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he really that bad? Not saying he’s been great but scored and played a good ball to Jesus to put him clean through
He was poor, ;let's be honest, he has hardly played the last few weeks, so should be chomping on the bit to impress and show his worth to the team in the run in, has he done that ? Not for me.

Jesus on the other hand has run himself into the ground in both Liverpool games, has shown he is desperate to be a major part of the team and thus has made it difficult for Pep to leave him out.

Last edited:
People are saying he is playing in the wrong position and they maybe correct....

But if we are to play him in his correct posiion who do we drop? Its not going to be KDB and he is nowhere near as good as Bernardo Silva so who else does he replace?

Foden can take his place outwide as Foden is more effective there anyway....Foden is also a better player as the false 9 as well.

Grealish aint playing from the right any time soon so again who does he replace if we are to play him in the preferred posiiion?
Put him along side Rodri, he needs to be involved for 90 mins, Grealish is a far better player when aggressive and showing a bit of attitude, I think he would revel in that position.

This is how it works with all the Grealish supporters on this forum. Stay quiet, don't post anything immediately after the match because they know they'll be shut down because Jack's average showing is fresh in everyone's head. Then wait for a couple days after that bad performance, then try to convince us using screenshots that he was actually good that particular weekend, hoping we all forgot how bad he actually was.

Put him along side Rodri, he needs to be involved for 90 mins, Grealish is a far better player when aggressive and showing a bit of attitude, I think he would revel in that position.
Not sure that would work having read the posts on the last few pages. From what people are saying either Pep got his tactics wrong, Pep does not know how to integrate Jack into the side or Jack is a lazy, tackle shy big time waste of 100 million quid.

Why doesn't he take free kicks? Doesn't even look like he's trying here.

I’m not going to come back to this thread until this date next year and I’ll give you my judgment then. It’s too early to judge a player either way, but if I had to place a bet, I’d go the same way as what happened with all the other players who were slated in their first season on here, then lauded in their second or third - he will (hopefully) come good. We can’t guarantee that of course, but I’m not going to sit here predicting that he fails so I can say I was “right all along”.

Until then, we’re “supporters” - it’s in the name. Easy to forget that sometimes - I was part of the crowd that heavily criticised Rodri - but since then I’ve reflected on it, and we get enough shite from rival fans and the media without our own lot joining in. He excelled at Villa with the fans support, let’s just try and see where that gets…

I never thought Grealish would fit. And I still dont sadly.
I would have preferred someone like Leroy, fast with good finishing ability.
I used to love it when Kev pinged a long ball into space on the left and Sane was on it in a flash.
We dont have that genuine pace anymore, and our 100mill didnt buy any. Mostly jack passes backwards, game slows down.
And yet he does fit. Just not bagging lots of lovely goals yet to keep the "knockers" happy.
Another one who has the quote the obligatory 100mill as if you feel somehow short changed and out of pocket.
You also have become slightly misty eyed and revisionist about the sulky, petulant Sane.
Sorry Bill - just have to disagree.

Last edited:
At Villa, he usually got the ball in the inside left position. His fullback would always make the overlapping run to create space, and he had a strong, mobile centre forward making runs and occupying the central defenders ahead of him. He would also often receive the ball in transition with space to run at a retreating opposition that had just turned over the ball upfield.

None of this routinely happens at City. He's either playing false-9 and receiving the ball back-to-goal (or halfheartedly making runs to try and get on the end of crosses or through-balls), or wide left and getting the ball on the touchline with a defender tight to him, inconsistent overlapping from his fullback, and a packed opposition defence with no centre forward to worry about.

Which is not to say that we still shouldn't expect more from him, because we absolutely should. His performance against the Rags, where he played with what looked like true confidence and comfort for one of the few times in his nascent City career, should be the minimum we get from him. I just think both tactically and mentally this was a bigger step up than probably he or anyone else anticipated and it's taking him a long time to really feel natural in this side.

I do think that a big-money striker addition to take the pressure off his price tag, plus the usual second-season increase in understanding and application of City's system that we often see, will help him kick on next year.

At 26 he’s just not played enough top level football. His contributions are too sporadic and infrequent. One great bit of ten seconds in a game can be surrounded by ten minutes either side where he does absolutely nothing.

He’s also the worst player we have at defending from the front.

At 26 how much improving is he going to do now? There’s so much that needs improving and there aren’t that many signs that the sheer amount of things that need to improve are all going to.

He’s just not experienced enough at the top level.
By the same token, by the time he’s 28 he’ll have plenty of experience at the very top level. With both club and country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.