10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I completely disagree with every word you have written. B.Silva has been far superior in most games to what grealish has been this season
read again what I wrote I didn't write silva was worse player, just his skills are incompatible with our team when playing a parked bus and is better to use Jack's creativity in those games.

and also what is with our players, can't they play one twos or what. so many times gralish tries a quick first time one two sequence and his teammates just are not quick and alert enough to pass and move. hope the team improves in that aspect, I always thought playing one two's at the edge of the box is something we need to do more to break buses but I haven't seen much after david was gone.

This is such enormous bullshit that it has me doing maths in the middle of the night.

How many starts do you think would indicate Pep liked him?

Here's what he's played.

This season, across all competitions:
Squad: 41
Starting XI: 27
Percentage of matches he was available for that he started: 66%

Phil:
Squad: 41
Starting XI: 30
Percentage: 73%
(Last season: 36/61, 59%)

Kev:
Squad: 42
Starting XI: 31
Percentage: 74%
(His first season with us: 34/42, 86%).

Bernardo:
Squad: 46
Starting XI: 41
Percentage: 89%
(His first season with us: 28/47, 60%)

Gundo:
Starting XI: 30
Percentage: 65%
(His second season with us (as he spent a huge amount of the first season injured): 32/54, 59%)

Raz:
Starting XI: 28
Percentage: 61%
(His first season with us: 34/52, 65%)

Jesus:
Squad: 40
Starting XI: 21
Percentage: 53%
(His second season with us (like Gundo, had an injury-prone first that was nowhere near a full season): 29/45, 64%)

Mahrez:
Starting XI: 26
Percentage: 57%
(His first season with us: 28/60, 47%).

So Jack, whose number of starts you think indicates Pep isn't a fan of him, has started more of the matches for which he was available this season than everyone across our forward line/attacking midfield except for Bernardo, Kev and Phil.

And when comparing this, his first season at the club, with the first full seasons of the same group of players, he's played more of the matches for which he was available than everyone except Kev, who for this group is a statistical anomaly in that regard (I appreciate the season's not over yet, but even if Jack's start-rate drops significantly for the rest of the season, he's unlikely to end the season with an overall first season start-rate significantly lower than anyone other than Kev).

So, unless you're suggesting that Pep isn't a fan of any of his players, I think you've got this one wrong.
Pep bit only a joke mate, don't take things seriously. :)

Last edited:
and also what is with our players, can't they play one twos or what. so many times gralish tries a quick first time one two sequence and his teammates just are not quick and alert enough to pass and move. hope the team improves in that aspect, I always thought playing one two's at the edge of the box is something we need to do more to break buses but I haven't seen much after david was gone.
agree with those quick one twos.Peps Barcelona was absolutely excellent in that regard.

agree with those quick one twos.Peps Barcelona was absolutely excellent in that regard.
ya I think playing grealish more centrally will lead to more of those one twos because right now we entirely rely on playing cutbacks against those teams.

In general this is why it takes a player a season or so to settle into our side. It's as much about the other players learning his game as it is him learning ours. You see it when Foden is on the pitch with him - he is bursting into space. Jack wants to create goals. He's usually surrounded by the opposition so as soon as it goes into him, if someone moves beyond him then he'll be looking to play that ball.

He's used to being that creator at Villa. He draws the opposition in and then plays to the runner. But so often our players are failing to move into space he creates and it's all a bit static.

I like Grealish and I think he'll come good. It's a matter of adjustment plus perhaps being played in his best position.

Off topic somewhat - Grealish must talk a bunch of trash to the opponents. He takes the field and out of nowhere it seems, the defender guarding him commits an obvious foul and is carded. I'm not a particular fan of this sort of dark art - but so far Grealish seems to have used this to team advantage.

read again what I wrote I didn't write silva was worse player, just his skills are incompatible with our team when playing a parked bus and is better to use Jack's creativity in those games.
again completely disagree
Silva is better in tight spaces and threading balls through, he is a better dribbler in those spaces and is more aggressive with the ball. Alround much more creative
He is a better finisher as well
Grealish ball retnetion is possibly better as he often plays the simpler square or backwrd pass

Off topic somewhat - Grealish must talk a bunch of trash to the opponents. He takes the field and out of nowhere it seems, the defender guarding him commits an obvious foul and is carded. I'm not a particular fan of this sort of dark art - but so far Grealish seems to have used this to team advantage.

Even when the opponent is his friend, apparently...

I saw an interview with him and John Mcginn in the run up to the Euros and Jack basically said he say anything to anyone during a match.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.