10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me he has been average since Hakimi bullied him in Paris (October?). He could see it in his face when Pep hauled him off, he knew this is a different level of football. Won't write him off just yet but he has A LOT of work to do to be a top player for us, he need to pretty much improve every aspect of his game. (Press, beating his man, risk taking, assists, goals)

Two goals scored in PL, City-Leeds 7-0 and City-Norwich 5-0. Last one in early December.

Actually the only goal he scored in a somewhat close game was last week the FA semis vs Pool, albeit Pep threw that game on purpose.

1 CL goal, when we scored 6 past Leipzig in early group game.

Basically we can rely on him to score one when we score 6-7 goals in the game anyway.

I think McAtee and Palmer could have scored these goals if given the same playing time.

Two goals scored in PL, City-Leeds 7-0 and City-Norwich 5-0. Last one in early December.

Actually the only goal he scored in a somewhat close game was last week the FA semis vs Pool, albeit Pep threw that game on purpose.

Basically we can rely on him to score one when we score 6-7 goals in the game anyway.

I think McAtee and Palmer could have scored these goals if given the same playing time.
Maybe the manager didn’t buy him and isn’t judging him and picking him on goals scored stats, just a thought.

It's a shame you can't make tomorrow's chip paper from today's forum posts.

I just don't really understand how many times we're going to go through this same thing of our players proving everyone wrong before people realise they don't have to fill their time by jumping to conclusions about players.

I wasn't even enthusiastic about his signing but if you can't see his natural ability, at the very least, then I'm not really sure what there is to tell you. Some of the criticism is perfectly justified, some of this weird shit like saying fashion deals are distracting him is just in your heads.

I expect it will be similar to a Gundogan situation whereby he improves significantly in our side but it won't be until he goes on a brilliant run of goalscoring form when people will recognise everything else he brings to the side.

It's a shame you can't make tomorrow's chip paper from today's forum posts.

I just don't really understand how many times we're going to go through this same thing of our players proving everyone wrong before people realise they don't have to fill their time by jumping to conclusions about players.

I wasn't even enthusiastic about his signing but if you can't see his natural ability, at the very least, then I'm not really sure what there is to tell you. Some of the criticism is perfectly justified, some of this weird shit like saying fashion deals are distracting him is just in your heads.

I expect it will be similar to a Gundogan situation whereby he improves significantly in our side but it won't be until he goes on a brilliant run of goalscoring form when people will recognise everything else he brings to the side.
Gundy had a serious injury to get over his first season and grealish is never scoring any brilliant run of goals , to do what he is doing you have to be dave and he will never be that

Gundy had a serious injury to get over his first season and grealish is never scoring any brilliant run of goals , to do what he is doing youhave to be dave and he will never be that either

Gundogan was getting slated week after week until he hit a purple patch last season and all of a sudden everyone forgot about the idea of him being "Pep's blindspot."

And David hardly set the world on fire in his first season, did he?

And no, Grealish will never be David. Partly because David was the best player we ever had and partly because they're totally different players with totally different skill sets and roles in the team.

Not sure of the point in digging out players out when we are on the cusp of trophies and in the middle of an incredibly tense set of games
Fine to have an opinion but I'd rather leave it to the end of the season and get behind the lads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.