10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree that Mendy was a useless disaster, even before his "legal problems".

But comparing Jack to that is disgraceful. The lad has done fuck all wrong - on and off the pitch.

He just fits the template persona of "English footie lout" the Sun and the Daily Mail etc like to create out of nothing.

People who can't see that are fucking morons.
I don't disagree that Mendy was a useless disaster, even before his "legal problems".

But comparing Jack to that is disgraceful. The lad has done fuck all wrong - on and off the pitch.

He just fits the template persona of "English footie lout" the Sun and the Daily Mail etc like to create out of nothing.

People who can't see that are fucking morons.
He has done nothing wrong for a normal english lad. But he isnt normal - he’s a top level footballer and to be the best you have sacrifice.

Look at the Spanish and Portugese players we have had who have been successful. Silva, Rodri, Bernardo, Cancelo, Dias….as well as guys like Kompany, Ferna, Zabba.

They have quiet lives away from the camera and don’t want to be centre of attentnion. They prefer to focus on their game and it works.

If you cant see the correlation you’re the moron.

You have this very odd obsession with Grealish and who he is with.

You have made a similar comment a few months back. You don't have a clue who is "girlfriend" is, stop adding to the fire.
I know who is girlfriend is ta , i dont like a pissed up on the front pages time after time from any of our players , you lads will always go on his side but this is not the eighties and he is not the likes of gazza , no wonder he has no energy to press

I know who is girlfriend is ta , i dont like a pissed up on the front pages time after time from any of our players , you lads will always go on his side but this is not the eighties and he is not the likes of gazza , no wonder he has no energy to press
You know her personally?

If she's stupid enough to keep getting embarrassed in national press then let her crack on.

I'm not on anyones side. If he's got 10 girlfriends on the go, best of luck to him.

He has done nothing wrong for a normal english lad. But he isnt normal - he’s a top level footballer and to be the best you have sacrifice.

Look at the Spanish and Portugese players we have had who have been successful. Silva, Rodri, Bernardo, Cancelo, Dias….as well as guys like Kompany, Ferna, Zabba.

They have quiet lives away from the camera and don’t want to be centre of attentnion. They prefer to focus on their game and it works.

David by all accounts loved a drink. Bernardo loves the nightlife as well, he’s always out and about in the city. Difference is paparazzi don’t follow them and English media don’t really care.

I suspect he is doing very little different to the majority of young players but he is tracked constantly because of his profile and the fact that he is good copy. City fans need to support him because rival fans are utterly desperate for him to fail.

The problem here is you don’t know anything about these peoples’ lives unless it makes the papers. Just because you don’t see the other players’ nights out in the tabloids doesn’t mean they don’t happen.

I remember in their in depth dive into the 2018 title win which was impeccably sourced, Pol Ballus’ and Hirst in the Times spoke about how Bernardo was going out all the time that season.

But he’s Bernardo Silva, not Jack Grealish, so fewer people notice him, no one takes a load of photos to sell to the Sun and they don’t whack it front page because no one knows who he is compared to Jack.

Tabloids are not your secret view into the personal lives of players. They capture 1% of it.

He’s a relatively young lad on the razzle dazzle after a very long season. He can enjoy a few liverners and have some laughs with his chums.
That the majority of other footballers are also doing it but no one else seems to attract the attention that Jack does.

As long as he doesn’t overdo it then there’s no problem. He will no doubt be doing some form of exercise (and I do mean exercise) in the day will keep him pretty trim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.