10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southgate not using Grealish as key for England is pure agenda. He always performs for the team.

or he is just a clueless **** that lucked into a final and even then blew it.

The guy couldn't manage at u9 level, he hasn't a clue how to deal with actual talented players, this is why Foden and Grealish are often dropped to the bench.

He has done nothing wrong for a normal english lad. But he isnt normal - he’s a top level footballer and to be the best you have sacrifice.

Look at the Spanish and Portugese players we have had who have been successful. Silva, Rodri, Bernardo, Cancelo, Dias….as well as guys like Kompany, Ferna, Zabba.

They have quiet lives away from the camera and don’t want to be centre of attentnion. They prefer to focus on their game and it works.

If you cant see the correlation you’re the moron.
David Silva probably drank more than Grealish does. If he'd been called David Silver and had a pretty face, floppy haircut and a regional accent he'd have been on the front pages of The Sun more than our Jack.

Yep, perspective needed. Difference is he is tabloid fodder, & those scumbags are doing what they always do to a certain type who has made a success of themselves. Just wish we all came out fighting about the crap they print rather than some expecting him to live like a monk.

Just taken one of my children to a huge football tournament in Hampshire. Lost count of the number of children now with Grealish hairstyles and sock, shin pad combinations. And lots of chat in the petrol station on the way in about the Sun story - positive though, rather than tut tutting. We’ve never had a player that has that attraction across the country. I get the feeling he is about to be embraced in an iconic way and he will have a superb season. We all need to get behind him and stop the hand wringing.

I don't care how bladdered he gets just wish he did it in private. Hire a villa, or a penthouse and don't drive cars in shoes on the wrong feet.

Best and Gasgoigne were much more talented than Jack, but alcohol beat them both.
It is a relevant point. He needs to buckle down this season and reveal his talent in game winning moments.

David Silva probably drank more than Grealish does. If he'd been called David Silver and had a pretty face, floppy haircut and a regional accent he'd have been on the front pages of The Sun more than our Jack.

Didn’t Micah Richards say in an interview with Linekar and Shearer that Merlin was the biggest drinker in the squad at that time?

Didn’t Micah Richards say in an interview with Linekar and Shearer that Merlin was the biggest drinker in the squad at that time?
He did. Was sneaking back in on training camps in the early hours. Not condoning or celebrating it, and tbqh Jack could do with being a bit more savvy about where and when he does go out, but if other players got the attention he gets or were at their peaks at peak smart phone era then I think we'd see a lot more about them.

Also pictured at the exact same party Jack was at at the same time he was there - Declan Rice, Andrew Robertson, a couple of members of Liverpool's women's squad. Hardly a ripple in the news about that.

The tabloids see Jack as a meal ticket. He'd have to never leave the house or interact with anyone if he wanted to stay out of the papers at this point.

"Footballer cheats on girlfriend" isn't a headline I relish. It's a scummy thing to do and as a female football fan I feel a distinct level of cringey outsideryness at the casual acceptance of infidelity in the sport and the inherent power imbalances involved in footballers' use of sex workers. BUT -
- The Sun's "evidence" for cheating is circumstantial at best
- We don't have a clue about his relationship and what is and isn't accepted in it
- While not a great headline, it's a common one, and it's probably been written about a good half of our squad at some point, including players who we now praise as sensible and professional. So let's not pretend it's an outrage of particular magnitude or something we haven't all managed to put to the back of our minds pretty quickly for several of our club's players

The drinking is a concern. Alcohol has ruined its fair share of careers and Jack is a big investment from the club. BUT -
- We're seeing it in Jack because the papers are drawing attention to it, not necessarily because he drinks more than every other player
- He has a history of partying, and when he joined us the club said he was in great shape, so (although things can change) drinking hasn't damaged his condition yet
- As a professional footballer, his health will be more closely monitored than almost any other profession in the country. If any issues do arise, they'll be caught quickly and will be a matter for him and the club
- It's his summer holidays. If the club starts policing the perfectly legal things its players do in the off-season then we'll find more and more of them wanting to leave. It seems pretty clear to me that one of the off the pitch benefits of the Grealish transfer is his personality - he's outgoing and sociable and that means he's great with the media, great with fans, and his teammates love him. You can't bring someone like that to the club and then complain when he has a social life during his holidays.

The bloke's treated his mates to a few days abroad, had a few drinks and may or may not have got laid.

It shouldn't be news.

I see Jack is making all the wrong headlines in Vegas according to the sun newspaper, if he carries on he will be gone City will not fuck about.
It’s people like that you that justifies the media publishing stories about him. He’s on holiday after a long season of football, he can do whatever the fuck he wants. Sterling got the same treatment a few years back, Jack is their target now.

He has done nothing wrong for a normal english lad. But he isnt normal - he’s a top level footballer and to be the best you have sacrifice.

Look at the Spanish and Portugese players we have had who have been successful. Silva, Rodri, Bernardo, Cancelo, Dias….as well as guys like Kompany, Ferna, Zabba.

They have quiet lives away from the camera and don’t want to be centre of attentnion. They prefer to focus on their game and it works.

If you cant see the correlation you’re the moron.
Really? Or is it down to the fact that Grealish is tracked by ‘journalists’ as they see him fitting in with their sensationalist bollocks and can’t wait to have a pop. Not something the other players you mentioned needed to worry about.

I don't care how bladdered he gets just wish he did it in private. Hire a villa, or a penthouse and don't drive cars in shoes on the wrong feet.

Best and Gasgoigne were much more talented than Jack, but alcohol beat them both.
It is a relevant point. He needs to buckle down this season and reveal his talent in game winning moments.
With respect I don’t understand how you don’t care how much he drinks as long as he does it behind closed doors and then cite the impact booze had on other players.

It’s hard in any job to fulfil the cliche of hitting the ground running. I’d say being a midfielder under Pep is challenging to get used to and takes a full season at least. There’s no evidence he hasn’t already ‘buckled down’. An affluent, successful person takes his mates on holiday and let’s off steam. No big deal. Happens. But not everyone has parasites following their every move and flogging images to lying, scumbag Murdoch/Rothermere rags which serve only to make the country more shit and twisted.

With respect I don’t understand how you don’t care how much he drinks as long as he does it behind closed doors and then cite the impact booze had on other players.

It’s hard in any job to fulfil the cliche of hitting the ground running. I’d say being a midfielder under Pep is challenging to get used to and takes a full season at least. There’s no evidence he hasn’t already ‘buckled down’. An affluent, successful person takes his mates on holiday and let’s off steam. No big deal. Happens. But not everyone has parasites following their every move and flogging images to lying, scumbag Murdoch/Rothermere rags which serve only to make the country more shit and twisted.

I would love it if he would drink less.
Failing that I don't want him trying to drive bladdered and crashing his car. Next time it could wreck his career and cost my team a fortune. So if he needs to drink then at least do it in a safe place.

Of course the parasites will circle as they did around Best and Gasgoine, they would love to see witness his next car crash.

With respect what did you think of his car episode ?

Some people clearly think it's a great look to go away with the lads and drink to oblivion, and love to make excuses for them, I don't understand why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.