10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really poor. The same issues. Off the ball he's not working anywhere near hard enough. He's had enough time to grasp this now, this isn't a tactical implementation he has to work through to slowly grasp and adapt to, its nothing more than mentality and having the work ethic to be switched on and do your job both ways at all times. You get a couple of games leeway to get it drilled into you then if you're not doing it Pep needs to start pulling him up on it. I know he was the main man at villa and could just casually stroll around and wait for the ball there but that's not acceptable for anybody here, we saw Sane put more of a shift in and he was let go for that reason.

Didn't do anything with the ball either, very safe and predictable, Hakimi read him like a book. It was like watching sterling in one of his shit games play out there with a much better touch, everything was just safe, foden came on for him nd within a minute he drove at the defence and then made a run inside off the ball to receive it in the box. Nothing came of it but the intent and danger was there, we saw none of that from Grealish.

He should be expected to get no more than the players in his position have got over the last 5 years which is 13-16 goals.

But then again he is a different player to those he is compared with. He is more of a creator and he creates a hell of a lot of chances for other players (most in the PL in open play so far) if the runs are being made which there isn’t because they’re all running the other way.

No, he’s a wide forward at an elite club. So, he’ll be needing circa 30 goal contributions per season.

I have no interest to trying to slaughter him, he’s doing well, but I am saying, to stay in this side, when players like Gundogan, Foden, Jesus, Mahrez even De Bruyne and hopefully a semi in form Sterling are looking for a position, he’ll have to start to offer more.

Really poor. The same issues. Off the ball he's not working anywhere near hard enough. He's had enough time to grasp this now, this isn't a tactical implementation he has to work through to slowly grasp and adapt to, its nothing more than mentality and having the work ethic to be switched on and do your job both ways at all times. You get a couple of games leeway to get it drilled into you then if you're not doing it Pep needs to start pulling him up on it. I know he was the main man at villa and could just casually stroll around and wait for the ball there but that's not acceptable for anybody here, we saw Sane put more of a shift in and he was let go for that reason.

Didn't do anything with the ball either, very safe and predictable, Hakimi read him like a book. It was like watching sterling in one of his shit games play out there with a much better touch, everything was just safe, foden came on for him nd within a minute he drove at the defence and then made a run inside off the ball to receive it in the box. Nothing came of it but the intent and danger was there, we saw none of that from Grealish.
Absolutely spot on. It was a typical Sterling left wing performance but with a class first touch. In fairness to Sterling you could say Jack lacks the goal threat of Sterling out there. Btw in no way am I saying I want Sterling starting on the left either!

Some people said earlier he will play more centrally kind of like where you would expect Gundogan, KDB, Bernardo playing but Pep clearly decided to use him as a LW close to touchline and with this effectively replacing Sterling from last 2 years. I dont think his position will change from now but as I recall he did arrive into the box more times centrally at Villa and being very dangerous. of course they rarely faced the kind of packed defences like we have very often.

Will be interesting to compare Grealish numbers this season and Sterling's from last season. And thats Sterling in awful form really.
Sterling started 28 games in PL and delivered 10 goals, 7 assists last season.
Grealish is on track to start 30+ as Pep seems to overuse him, so far 1 goal, 1 assist in 6 starts.

Hakim is an attacking full back who hardly got past the half way line for 90 minutes , Varatti also doubled up on him most of the match , its always difficult against park the bus teams , but he hit a brick wall tonight against some determined defenders. He will tear TTA apart on Sunday

No, he’s a wide forward at an elite club. So, he’ll be needing circa 30 goal contributions per season.

I have no interest to trying to slaughter him, he’s doing well, but I am saying, to stay in this side, when players like Gundogan, Foden, Jesus, Mahrez even De Bruyne and hopefully a semi in form Sterling are looking for a position, he’ll have to start to offer more.

Goal contributions can be 5 goals and 25 assists and a for one metric of a goal contribution you are only responsible for one half of it. Grealish can beat 10 men twice and play a through ball to one of our other attacking midfielders, but if they struggle to score as they sometimes do, he doesn’t get that contribution does he, but I bet he would more with a Kane/Haaland/Aguero type player next to him.

Goal contributions can be 5 goals and 25 assists and a for one metric of a goal contribution you are only responsible for one half of it. Grealish can beat 10 men twice and play a through ball to one of our other attacking midfielders, but if they struggle to score as they sometimes do, he doesn’t get that contribution does he, but I bet he would more with a Kane/Haaland/Aguero type player next to him.

But he hasn’t got Aguero or Haaland. What has got is done very talented players competing for his game time who are playing in the exact same squad. So he needs to out perform them. He isn’t and he’s now got De Bruyne and Foden looking for his minutes too.

Jack’s own Dad would telll you, you give De Bruyne Jack’s minutes at forward right, he’s be hitting assists & goals every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.