10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hakim is an attacking full back who hardly got past the half way line for 90 minutes , Varatti also doubled up on him most of the match , its always difficult against park the bus teams , but he hit a brick wall tonight against some determined defenders. He will tear TTA apart on Sunday
Hardly got forward? He was pivotal to both their goals(I know Grealish had gone off before the second) they scored in the 8th minute and didn't need to send their fullbacks flying on from that moment onwards when you've got the front 3 they have.

Hakimi as you said yourself is an attacking fullback yet had Grealish in his pocket all game, don't think he got beat even once did he? and exploited his reluctance to track him too.

what makes you so sure TAA who has similar desires to attack more than defend and could pose the same kind of threat going forward backed up by fabinho/Henderson as cover who are both more defensive minded than verratti will result in the complete opposite to tonight? Liverpool will no doubt aim to target that battle as a potential match winner in their favour if both play (I think foden plays there on Sunday anyway and hasn't Klopp said he's injured?)

But he hasn’t got Aguero or Haaland. What has got is done very talented players competing for his game time who are playing in the exact same squad. So he needs to out perform them. He isn’t and he’s now got De Bruyne and Foden looking for his minutes too.

Jack’s own Dad would telll you, you give De Bruyne Jack’s minutes at forward right, he’s be hitting assists & goals every week.

I’m not sure on the last point. KDB’s best position is where he’s playing now and he’s not performing anywhere near the levels expected.

Again, what I am saying is we should have gone into the summer with the number 1 priority to be to get a striker, no matter the cost, then get grealish is price allows. we did it backwards, and couldn't afford a striker in the end.
You are wrong.

Hakim is an attacking full back who hardly got past the half way line for 90 minutes , Varatti also doubled up on him most of the match , its always difficult against park the bus teams , but he hit a brick wall tonight against some determined defenders. He will tear TTA apart on Sunday
TTA may be injured

Our best chance was created by Grealish drawing two players in and laying it back to KDB for a cross. Proper striker scores that. 1-1. Game on.

Our best chance was created by Grealish drawing two players in and laying it back to KDB for a cross. Proper striker scores that. 1-1. Game on.
Well, if you want to praise a 10 yard pass he was superb all night then. There was nothing on really when KDB got that just came up a bit of sheer brilliance.

Really poor. The same issues. Off the ball he's not working anywhere near hard enough. He's had enough time to grasp this now, this isn't a tactical implementation he has to work through to slowly grasp and adapt to, its nothing more than mentality and having the work ethic to be switched on and do your job both ways at all times. You get a couple of games leeway to get it drilled into you then if you're not doing it Pep needs to start pulling him up on it. I know he was the main man at villa and could just casually stroll around and wait for the ball there but that's not acceptable for anybody here, we saw Sane put more of a shift in and he was let go for that reason.

Didn't do anything with the ball either, very safe and predictable, Hakimi read him like a book. It was like watching sterling in one of his shit games play out there with a much better touch, everything was just safe, foden came on for him nd within a minute he drove at the defence and then made a run inside off the ball to receive it in the box. Nothing came of it but the intent and danger was there, we saw none of that from Grealish.
The major worry to me at this point in his career with us is work rate or lack of it and what appears a major lack of fitness.

In every game he has played, when you see him close up he is blowing very heavily.

I would have though by now he is up to some sort of decent fitness level but he his still blowing hard.

One other weakness is his ball striking, it's at Sterling levels, will Grealish be a regular goal scorer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.