10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The major worry to me at this point in his career with us is work rate or lack of it and what appears a major lack of fitness.

In every game he has played, when you see him close up he is blowing very heavily.

I would have though by now he is up to some sort of decent fitness level but he his still blowing hard.

One other weakness is his ball striking, it's at Sterling levels, will Grealish be a regular goal scorer?

Wow. ‘His ball striking is at Sterling levels’! It really isn’t.

Seemed very predictable last night. Every single time he got the ball he ran down the line, cut inside and layed it off to someone on the edge of the box. Seems like his left foot is just for standing on.

I’m not sure on the last point. KDB’s best position is where he’s playing now and he’s not performing anywhere near the levels expected.

De Bruyne’s best position maybe the ‘8’ but the team operates much better with him as a false 9. So, a fit De Bruyne plays a big game. Leaving 2 positions available. And for me, Jesus and Foden offer more. Probably Mahrez too.

I don't want to be tough on him because he is not suited for where Pep has him playing, i.e. a line hugging winger. Asking him to do this really exposes his average pace and limits his chance to create opportunities from a more productive central area. He certainly can't do what a Messi does even now in running with the ball almost under his feet at speed. Jack invariably looks down at the ball and in doing so runs in to trouble. In short he needs to play centrally off a striker, where his options are increased and where he can offer a goal threat. He is however the least of my concerns as that position is truly held by KDB, who currently looks shocking.

He keeps the ball far better than Sterling and decision making with the ball is safer and better also .....but we need more than that, hopefully that will come otherwise his signing will be a little disappointing to say the least

Yet to see him put his foot through the ball, lovely to see a player pass the ball into the net, like his goal against RB, but sometimes it needs a player to strike a ball, and not sure he can do that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.