10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I post frequently on many threads. It's a forum ffs. Ignore is your Freind. Probably the only real freind you need ;-)
I can see that, just odd you keep posting the same nonsense in the Grealish thread. When most around you are posting completely opposite opinions perhaps its worth having a step back and just leaving it alone. You aren't getting much support 'freind'.

Some of you on here will not find peace until you acknowledge and fully understand the weight that non-footballing factors held in the club's decision to meet that £100M clause. They could see him as a footballer who's not necessarily worth £100M, while simultaneously also seeing him as an asset who is worth £100M - such is the state of modern football. The sooner people understand this, the better. If you are constantly looking for a £100M player (whatever the hell that even is) while watching him, you are deliberately misleading yourself.

Last edited:
This is a spot on assessment of him so far. A lot of positives to his game but his end output and his work rate need to improve drastically.

I don't get why he is being praised so heavily for yesterday when he did nothing that had any real impact on the game. We spent £100 million on him for a position were already strong in, for that money, he simply has to be a match winner for us, it's games like yesterday where he has to take charge of the match and do something that makes the difference and gets us 3 points. its no good just being neat and tidy and showing a few flashes. Yesterday was his first chance to show he can be a match winner and he didn't show up. Neither did anybody else by the way, but I'm not seeing the same level of praise for the rest of the forwards.

We were strong in that position yes. But Jacks added something else. no bad things to say about Mahrez , Sterling or Jesus but Grealish creates more and is more of a threat. I understand now why he gets so many fouls he’s a player you can’t stop when in full flight against Leipzig he had their fullback every time. Against Arsenal they doubled up on him and he still was a threat. His dribbling and how he effortlessly glides past players is why he is so dangerous. He gets you out of your seat because you know as soon as he has the ball something will happen. He’s been our best player by far this season so far. him and Phil together will be special to watch. From watching him so far there are striking resemblances to Hazard at Chelsea. the goal in the champions league was Hazard esque.

he’s created the most chances in the prem last season for Villa. He’s now on course to do that again. He’s created the most chances out of everyone in the City team. So far this season with KDB out he has been our major creative threat.

We were strong in that position yes. But Jacks added something else. no bad things to say about Mahrez , Sterling or Jesus but Grealish creates more and is more of a threat. I understand now why he gets so many fouls he’s a player you can’t stop when in full flight against Leipzig he had their fullback every time. Against Arsenal they doubled up on him and he still was a threat. His dribbling and how he effortlessly glides past players is why he is so dangerous. He gets you out of your seat because you know as soon as he has the ball something will happen. He’s been our best player by far this season so far. him and Phil together will be special to watch. From watching him so far there are striking resemblances to Hazard at Chelsea. the goal in the champions league was Hazard esque.

he’s created the most chances in the prem last season for Villa. He’s now on course to do that again. He’s created the most chances out of everyone in the City team. So far this season with KDB out he has been our major creative threat.
Most of that marries up to the post I agreed with that essentially said his game has been good up until his final ball/decision making. I don't think he's been our best player, one of the better ones definitely but not best. there's several that have been better, Jesus has been better and more productive on the opposite flank to name but one.

You say he's top of the chance created charts, what does that actually mean? What constitutes a chance created? And who decides what is and isn't a chance? What separates a chance from a half chance, from a chance out of nothing?

One of our best chances in the game was when sterling played the ball to jesus who put in a good delivery and Bernardo slid in and just missed it. I'm not criticising any of that, it was good play all round and just unfortunate. I'm assuming that's going down as a Jesus chance created in these stat books, the reality of that situation though is the ball wasnt quite good enough from jesus and that's the reason why we didn't score that specific chance. Other then the sterling opportunity I mentioned previously which was a chance created by grealish but not one that sterling should definitely score from, I don't remember any others he created. Someone else has quoted me claiming two of Grealish's best created chances were a good cross to the front and back post that nobody attacked, I don't recall that happening in all honesty but from that description if nobody has attacked it, he's crossed it to nobody and like the Jesus chance, its the delivery that's stopped us scoring yet that's recorded favourably as a chance he's created.

Is every chance created given equal weight? If he passes a simple ball 3 yards forward inside the centre back to say sterling who then dribbles past 4 players and slots it in, has he created that chance? Assuming he has, is that kind of chance being recorded equally as if he himself were to dribble past 4 players and give sterling an open net?

The stat is meaningless. There's no clear definition of a chance created and they're useless without in depth context. There's an influx of these americanised stats in the game that are typically just for social media fans to quote as proof to back up whatever they want to spout. Just to clarify because I know somebody will suggest otherwise, I'm not having a go at Grealish here, I'm just questioning the legitimacy of the stat and all the similar ones constantly thrown around.

No coincidence those who swallowed the hype over the summer cannot engage in constructive discussions about his strengths and weaknesses. I am still not able to see the impact that his price demands nor the need for him. Great player? Yet to convince. Good player undoubtably and great to see on the ball.
Needed? Probably not. Not his fault though.
In fairness, I belong to the 'he is a fantastic addition" crew. And he was #1 for me in terms of target. But yes I can still discuss his pressing deficiency. It's a bit like Aguero's does it in spots.

But that said, on the ball he is mint.

I was vocal about him not being a £100M player, but with that release clause it was £100M or nothing.

It’s hard to know if he will prove to have been worth it, but the early performances, while bedding into a Pep team full of top talent, have been the highlight of the season so far.

We feel like we are a player or two short this season, as Ferna looks to have stretched it a season too long and a lack of a target in the box has already hurt us in multiple games. However, his addition has been a strong positive, even at such an inflated price.

With the addition of some top young talent coming through the Academy, the next iteration of Man City looks like a very exciting generation to which we can all look forward to watching together.

In fairness, I belong to the 'he is a fantastic addition" crew. And he was #1 for me in terms of target. But yes I can still discuss his pressing deficiency. It's a bit like Aguero's does it in spots.

But that said, on the ball he is mint.
He is a player with substance,one you can rely on and one that offers confidence when in possession.You also have the sense that something quite brilliant could happen.

I have no doubt if we can get the majority fit,then with this lad as an addition,our quality will shine.

People on social media were comparing Jack to san(bum)cho lol. Jack is so much better it is laughable.

I can see that, just odd you keep posting the same nonsense in the Grealish thread. When most around you are posting completely opposite opinions perhaps its worth having a step back and just leaving it alone. You aren't getting much support 'freind'.
Fk me. It's now a popularity competition. Their are many occasions when the majority are wrong. Plenty of others repeating more positively on Grealish. Do you equally have a problem with that? Thought not.
Weird how I have always been pro Stones and Mahrez against trend and guess I was right after all (I am also pro Torres fwiw).
I will leave it at that while you keep blowing smoke up his derriere ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.