10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A game that's won a minute into the second half against second bottom who had given up, you couldn't hand craft a better scenario for a player who has failed to deliver all season to go and take the game by the neck and show everybody he can be influential, dominate and dictate a game even if it is one that's over and without pressure on it yet he still skirts on the periphery of the game. That second half was a huge opportunity for him and he once again just coasted through it.
Do you really think Pep would appreciate a player going on an ego trip ?. Still on the pitch at the end while Foden and Bernie rested, job done.

Needs to offer a lot more than what he has served up thus far. Strangely he hasn't needed a second season to develop the old "I'll take another touch here before I shoot" disease.
Anyway he's only going to be a bit part player from here on in I'd imagine.
No matter what he cost he has been disappointing.
Can't shoot for shit however.. haha

As much as I like Grealish as a player, yesterday he really was anonymous. I kept forgetting he was on the pitch. Will still support him though.

If that pass for our 5th got you hard, football isn’t for you. I’m in my 40’s and I was a semi decent semi pro centre half, I could have played Grealish’s part in that goal.,
I said, it was a pathetic pass, meaning I agree with you! But for some other reason, you DNT believe that! Like you, I also feel I could have played Grealish's part, probably made a much more better contribution. In my books Grealish isn't cutting it in mancity. Everything he has shown doesn't reflect anything remotely close to what we have paid for.

I would go to as far as saying, am bleeding deep inside for the injustice done to that no#10 jersey. That jersey represents, more than Grealish could ever offer!

Insipid yesterday. Must have known he was just a filler to rest others for Tuesday so he had two choices. One, fight like fcuk to get back in the reckoning. Two, accept it and turn in one of your least inspired games to date.

(This is the first negative post I’ve written about the lad.)

It's not my money.

Is he worth 100m? No. But he can't help what City was forced to pay. Liverpool's Dias buy was extremely good business, but let's wait a little longer, he's our player right now, we simply HAVE to back him, I can't imagine feeling any other way towards a player who is here now.

This is a player discussion forum. Discussing his performance doesn’t detract from banking him. It’s far from the Edgehill days. He’s still cheered to the rafters in the stadium. Rightly so. While he wears a blue shirt, he’ll get my support, but that doesn’t mean we can’t discuss his performance on hear. And yes, there are allowances, and he
should be given time. But it’s not unjust to say he’s been underwhelming so far.

As many on here have said. Hopefully he will have his ‘moment’ and we can all rejoice in his performance.

I don't think he was a Pep signing more of the Club buying a 'brand' player. He seems a likeable lad but seems out of his depth. I hope he can turn it around soon.

Every transfer must be approved by Pep, he have total control in here except the negotiation part which is done by Club. Pep wants him in his team, so the board make it work to get player that Pep wants.

Honestly wouldn’t be at all surprised if he is back at villa in 3 years. He is just no better than what we have.

He can’t score or assist like mahrez or Sterling, he can’t pass like kdb, he can’t control a game like gundogan and he is no where near foden or Bernardo levels.

He looks the part but that’s about it sadly. Nothing against him personally he is a top bloke by all accounts but like I said before we signed him - he just isn’t that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.