10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many comments when he has an average game, yet so few when he plays well. Well done to Foden, Bernardo and Alvarez who changed the game.

He's only useful when we are winning and we need to keep possession, apart from that he offers nothing in this team and he's got no confidence at all at the moment, in the first half he had 3 shots in 5 minutes that were straight at the defender, that sums up his City career so far.

Today we won against a very good team, with the amazing last 25-30 minutes performance...

Let's stay positive and keep faith in Super Jack :D

It's easy to support players in their good moments, but it's also important to be with them - when they struggle..

I'm sure sooner or later, Jack will find his football at City and he will be our man <3

I would really like to see him playing more as an attacking midfielder he isn’t a winger. I’m sure Jack would show us how good he is

With Jack I don’t get the impression that he’s not trying or not putting the effort in.

I could be wrong but I get the impression he is playing to order. I can’t claim that he played well tonight ( up to them scoring did anyone play well) he got substituted after all but if he was that bad for City would Pep constantly pick him.

I don’t think we are going to get the Grealish that carried Villa because he doesn’t need to.

There is room for improvement but I don’t think he’s as bad as some are making out. Perhaps a bit more patience is required despite the transfer fee.

Sick of reading that he is shackled and held back by Pep, where if he is free he is some George Best reincarnation. It's not true. Thierry Henry was able to do what was asked of him and still put in worldies for Pep.

I would still argue all of them are far better suited to that role than Grealish, and most would start as a winger at most other clubs.

The issue with Jack is he is a CM/AM that thrives with 360 degrees of freedom, and on the wing he has half that, and often instructions to retain the ball.

He’s no where near mobile, energetic, intelligent or dynamic enough to play centrally for us though.

For me, he’s not up to our level physically and more importantly mentally. Everything is just too slow far too often.

If you play wide forward for City you have to offer goals and/or assists. At the moment he offers neither. It’s all well and good keeping possession (which he does really well) but at some point you have to be the difference in games and he’s not showing it. I’d give him a chance at 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.