10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks txiki, always nice to get some insight behind the scenes. Can you tell me why he hasn't played in midfield is that's why you bought him?

Pep think now he has worked with him he can’t or he doesn’t trust him there! It’s obvious..

I feel sorry for Grealish - whoever signed him should feel really guilty, Pep should play him in his position, let him play his game - or, get rid - NOW! He’s ruining his own career. Come January transfer window -gone - for his own good.
Hes fucked up his chances of going to Qatar.
squarepeg.gif

Whereas your ‘my dad’s bigger & better than yours’ comment is soooooo much more articulate ;)

Have you quoted the wrong person? Not sure that makes any sense if it’s in reference to what you’ve quoted me of.

Played last night like he's struggling with the weight of expectation. Was visibly frustrated.

A little unfair the criticism of him considering he's being played out of position. He's never a winger.

Other players are moved around into different positions but not Grealish.

Play him in Gundogan's position and we might see the player we thought we bought.

When he’s tasked with sitting on a wing from the start, he can only move in a restricted area of the pitch, so he is naturally More subdued subdued. That’s not a criticism of him or any player, just a natural consequence of what happens; the same happened last night with de Bruyne when he was pushed out wide. The player on the right also tends to have the luxury of a right-footed fullback underlapping or overlapping him, which the player on the left rarely has. We only used Grealish in the attacking midfield position 3-4 times last season, but I still think that’s where his future lies.
The frustrating thing is that we've seen what he can do for us.
When he came on at Real Madrid he almost scored, twice, by running at the defence at pace and putting the ball across. This is one of his strengths and i don't understand why he doesn't do that more often.

I think it's stupid to think Pep picks a team based on anything but winning as many games as possible. If you think he'd pick a weaker team based on nothing but what the club payed for a player then he wouldn't have won nearly the amount of games and trophies he has.
While i think this is largely true. There is a reason Sergio Gomez plays against Sevilla and probably not against Liverpool at Anfield. And why Grealish played so many games last season. But barely got on the pitch in the CL knockouts.
All i'm saying is that discarding a 100m+ investment might not be the easiest thing.

I think it's stupid to think Pep picks a team based on anything but winning as many games as possible. If you think he'd pick a weaker team based on nothing but what the club payed for a player then he wouldn't have won nearly the amount of games and trophies he has.

Agree in the main. But Grealish will certainly get more time and more games to find/regain form than say someone like Gomez, Zinchenko, Ake or Palmer. That’s not necessarily based entirely o his fee. But his fee and status will naturally afford him more opportunities than others.

Had Coke Palmer been given every single minute Grealish has.. I think he’s be much improved on Grealish. Hypothetically obviously.

Very articulate argument! You’re right, Grealish’s signing had no bearing on the careers I’ve mentioned..

Other than Jesus was a far better player all over the park than Grealish. And ge actually tried too.
I not here to argue with you.

I'm telling you.

I mean, who actually says a professional football player at City does not try.

Grow up.

Played last night like he's struggling with the weight of expectation. Was visibly frustrated.

A little unfair the criticism of him considering he's being played out of position. He's never a winger.

Other players are moved around into different positions but not Grealish.

Play him in Gundogan's position and we might see the player we thought we bought.

Completely agree mate. He took his man on a couple of times before having shots blocked and he was shaking his head and apologising to team mates. That's the sign of someone putting a lot of pressure on themselves to perform and he'd be better just ignoring the weight of expectation, performances would then come. He shouldn't apologise for gaining half a yard and taking a shot on, lots of players do it. On both occasions no other pass was really on in any case.

When Bernardo and Foden came on they took it in turns being wide or inside but they paired up and, in combination with Cancelo they forced overlaps and as a result there was also more space on the right for De Bruyne, who dropped a bit deeper and had Alvarez moving inside and outside.

Gundogan wasn't combining well with Grealish. He was floating about in the no10 slot but not managing to make much happen. I think if Grealish had have stayed on with Bernardo we'd have seen him instantly be a lot more effective.

Not blaming Gundogan, sometimes it's easy for a new player to come on and Pep had probably identified areas to target. Grealish just needs to play his natural game and not worry so much about what others are thinking. He's a cracking player and he'll get there in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.