10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I not here to argue with you.

I'm telling you.

I mean, who actually says a professional football player at City does not try.

Grow up.

Grealish plays with very little intensity. Compared to the energy levels and intensity of Jesus, Foden, Alvarez or Bernardo, he looks like he’s not trying..

Still no idea what the ‘my Dad is bigger than your dad’ has to do with anything though..

"Jack, I want you and Riyad to go out there and play shit and create nothing. Then we'll let them go a goal ahead for twenty minutes and then spring our trap."
“John, I want you to go out there and show Dortmund you’re not a right back. Then after 80 minutes, when they can’t be arsed marking you having lulled them into a false sense of security, that’s your time to smash in your thunderbolt.”

I feel sorry for Grealish - whoever signed him should feel really guilty, Pep should play him in his position, let him play his game - or, get rid - NOW! He’s ruining his own career. Come January transfer window -gone - for his own good.
Hes fucked up his chances of going to Qatar.
View attachment 55799
Mr Southgate, welcome to Bluemoon.

We've had top class recruitment for years. But Grealish is on course to be one of the biggest flops of all time unfortunately. I was hoping the signing of Haaland would help. But his performances have actually regressed from even last season.

The question is, how long will it take before we cut our losses?
With the contract he is on, IF we let him go, it would be at a huge loss, maybe even a free.

Who could afford to take on that contract that would genuinely want to take him?

Don't think he was that bad last night tbh, but he really does need a big game where he is the main guy.
It’s not that he’s bad. He doesn’t dribble down blind alleys, constantly lose possession, or blast easy chances over the bar… but he just does everything nice and safely, without any real aggression.

We need an opposition full back who comes out from the off and gives Jack and good few kickings. Wind him up. Get him going. I think he’ll then stand up and be counted.

Everything has been so laidback from him.

I also think there’s a bit of a lack of seeing himself up in the hierarchy of team importance and he dismisses responsibility and just does everything safely on his own part while he allows de Bruyne or others to try and win the game.

He needs to understand that de Bruyne is only 9.091% of the team just like he is and he has exactly the same amount of responsibility to win a game as each and every other player. He needs to be confident and take that responsibility.

You'd think with Haaland he'd be asked to do that more often.
He's becoming too predictible, cutting inside and shooting into a defender. He needs to mix things up
There also needs to be greater variety and angles to our attack but also greater tempo. I’d like to see him given a game in the midfield against Copenhagen.

It’s not that he’s bad. He doesn’t dribble down blind alleys, constantly lose possession, or blast easy chances over the bar… but he just does everything nice and safely, without any real aggression.

We need an opposition full back who comes out from the off and gives Jack and good few kickings. Wind him up. Get him going. I think he’ll then stand up and be counted.

Everything has been so laidback from him.

I also think there’s a bit of a lack of seeing himself up in the hierarchy of team importance and he dismisses responsibility and just does everything safely on his own part while he allows de Bruyne or others to try and win the game.

He needs to understand that de Bruyne is only 9.091% of the team just like he is and he has exactly the same amount of responsibility to win a game as each and every other player. He needs to be confident and take that responsibility.
Very true, he is far too easy going, when he is fired up he is a player, a proper player.

Atletico away last season, excellent, wound up their players, same against the rags, when he is fired up he is good.

But he should be chomping at the bit every game, it's what makes the great players, great.

Hes an attacking mid. Not a winger in this team.

Unfortunately for him he's below KDB, Bernardo and Gundogan, but that's his position.
add Foden, Palmer and Alvarez to that list.

As it stands both Grealish and Mahrez are playing on past reputations, both are struggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.