10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
“John, I want you to go out there and show Dortmund you’re not a right back. Then after 80 minutes, when they can’t be arsed marking you having lulled them into a false sense of security, that’s your time to smash in your thunderbolt.”
Very plausible

Played last night like he's struggling with the weight of expectation. Was visibly frustrated.

A little unfair the criticism of him considering he's being played out of position. He's never a winger.

Other players are moved around into different positions but not Grealish.

Play him in Gundogan's position and we might see the player we thought we bought.
I don't buy this " out if position" thing he's played left wing for villa and for England

add Foden, Palmer and Alvarez to that list.

As it stands both Grealish and Mahrez are playing on past reputations, both are struggling.
Mate, how can you even think of comparing him to Mahrez who's been scoring ~10 goals a season just in PL and who was carrying us through games and the string of games singlehandedly.
Mahrez is out of form for a few games after the season when he was our top scorer. Jack realistically never ever came even close to be the player of the match for us.

I just don’t see how this works, jack is really struggling with low blocks. He doesn’t work quick enough in tight spaces and his shots and crosses get blocked. We are going to face an endless amount of low blocks.

Honestly I think centre midfield is probably his best bet to succeed at city

He is playing way too much just like last season. Sterling and Jesus were better but he played a lot due to his price-tag. He should be last winger to play based on his output. I wonder if his place in England World Cup squad is in danger.

Mate, how can you even think of comparing him to Mahrez who's been scoring ~10 goals a season just in PL and who was carrying us through games and the string of games singlehandedly.
Mahrez is out of form for a few games after the season when he was our top scorer. Jack realistically never ever came even close to be the player of the match for us.
I am not comparing in any way apart from present form or lack of it!!

Mahrez has lot of credit in the bank for his past performances, Grealish has zero.

I just don’t see how this works, jack is really struggling with low blocks. He doesn’t work quick enough in tight spaces and his shots and crosses get blocked. We are going to face an endless amount of low blocks.

Honestly I think centre midfield is probably his best bet to succeed at city
True, but he's currently miles behind the players ahead of him in that role (I appreciate that he's not had chance to show us what he can do there, but that's on Pep). I see nothing but frustration for him, and us, until Pep decides what to do with him.

but he just does everything nice and safely, without any real aggression.
This was the exact criticism we had for Gundo at the beginning. He adjusted his game, proved that he's the best in the league (IMO) at transitioning into the box as well as playing safe. Grealish needs to show where he is valuable as a threat, it can't just be basing his whole game around safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.