10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel for Jack. We were poor in general against Brighton. They played very well and we couldn't string more than a couple of passes together at times, very sloppy and didn't dominate the game as you'd expect. Many were on that list of anonymous/poor and Jack obviously has less grace because of the fact he's yet to have delivered against his fee.

Having said that, he was starting to look sharper and more influential. From Pep's public backing he delivered against Wolves. He followed it up with a dominate performance against Copenhagen where he ran the game and deserved a goal really. Being benched at Anfield would have been a big hit to his confidence and upon reflection I think we'd all say he should have started that game.

I'm sure Mahrez will spend some time off the pitch - Pep clearly wasn't happy he missed that chance to make it 3-0 right before they got one back. Grealish should play in Dortmund now and it's a chance for him to really show his worth and keep his place. He has to have a big impact over the next few games. He'll never be worth £100m so I never bring that into my thinking, I just want him to be at the heart of everything we do and creating plenty of chances. His performance against United was very good. He caused them a number of problems but I still feel he plays with this big telling him to pass to someone else. If he watched games back he'd see Bernardo miss a sitter against Palace last season. Mahrez consistently shoot when passes were on, Foden shooting when a pass was on, De Bruyne shooting miles over etc. They've all delivered enough to be allowed to do that. Jack's got to just be selfish at times and he'll then deliver too and he wont have this voice in his head telling him he's not good enough to be in our side - I'm certain that still remains and the pressure is impacting him.

Yet for some strange reason it’s only this thread which gets bumped continuously by the same half dozen whenever he isn’t a 10 out of 10.

Because he’s been here best part of 80 games and he’s yet to put in a 10/10 performance.

Saturday was yet another game where he was missing when needed. His best games have been games when everyone has been firing..

People are right to want more from him much more often.

I disagree, his job is mainly to lay off assists and bang in goals. There is no single team in the world where scoring goals is the responsibility of one player only ! Pep goal scoring philosophy revolves around involving the whole front line ( false nine, rotation, switching roles..ect).
Agreed - that means it’s not the only role of Jack. His main job is to run at the opposition & create space. Which he does.

Are you obsessed with me ? Get off my back and get a life. Here we talk football, I am not interested in anything else. By the way, you can consult a therapist to treat your obsessions.
Can they treat an obsession with statistics?

Hhh You are still speaking onbehalf of City fans Mr imaginary spokesman :) ! You are pathetically getting into deep water.
You are a bit of a miserable fan to listen to though. Do you enjoy or think about our success & the fact we’re second in league & top of our CL group

That's simply not true, and if we don't care it's utterly bizarre.

We all need and want Jack Grealish and EVERY player in sky blue to perform at their highest level.
We could do with the fans following that advice too don’t you think? Or are we exempt when it comes to supporting our players through difficult times

I know it wasn’t his fault etc. but the reality is we should never have paid the fee we did it’ll just never be repaid of warranted no matter what he does, I like him as a player but his ‘thing’ was getting his head down and running at defences which Pep clearly doesn’t want him to do as part of the system, so until he masters Peps system which doesn’t suit him one bit or Pep leaves and he gets his free pass to attack again, I won’t expect much from him.

I liken it to buying a Ferrari but then whinging it’s shit on fuel, so you don’t drive it fast.

You are a bit of a miserable fan to listen to though. Do you enjoy or think about our success & the fact we’re second in league & top of our CL grou
Of course I am enjoying every bit of our success but that does not mean that we get complacent. I wholeheartedly wish that every player in the squad set the world on fire. The criticism is in good faith and comes out of our love for the club.

The fan base couldn't give a toss, you know what I never heard any fan mention on Saturday, what Grealish said that's what. His form is fine, if it wasn't he wouldn't play.He had a decent game on Saturday. You can't see it, it doesn't matter to anyone.He'll still play and as far as I can see and hear he gets supported in the ground, nothing else matters.
Wish the fans didn’t "give a toss " about Sterling, Jesus and Mahrez also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.