10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was nothing wrong with his performance, he was one of our better forward players. I would like some end product from him though. If you play wide forward in this team you have to score goals and get assists. He should be finishing the season in double figures for both.
I agree.

Grealish flatters to deceive IMO and I'm still not convinced in what he brings to the team.

I agree.

Grealish flatters to deceive IMO and I'm still not convinced in what he brings to the team.
You might not be but Pep keeps playing him so he obviously sees something.

I'll repeat what I said in post match thread: Grealish plays sensibly and intelligently but because he is supposed to be a flair player, he gets stick. He was good, again, today. Some of those free kicks he wins are because he is clever with the ball and moves it away from opponents at just the right moment.

We'd all like more goals and assists but Jack does a good job of advancing play.

You might not be but Pep keeps playing him so he obviously sees something.

I'll repeat what I said in post match thread: Grealish plays sensibly and intelligently but because he is supposed to be a flair player, he gets stick. He was good, again, today. Some of those free kicks he wins are because he is clever with the ball and moves it away from opponents at just the right moment.

We'd all like more goals and assists but Jack does a good job of advancing play.
Flatters to decieve like i said mate

Grealish is basically the logical endpoint to Pep putting Gundogan on the wing against Liverpool that one time.

Pep wants total control in all thirds and Grealish basically has Rodri's role but further up the pitch.

Wish he was a bit more aggressive sometimes but understand that's not really what Pep demands from him.

The best of our forward players today, IMO. I understand what some people want him to do, but I think it is asking someone to play what is not really our game. All that matters is that when he plays, we usually win.

I'm not going to jump on him too much because as I've said elsewhere the performances don't really matter right now but he was a big reason why we struggled so much today. They've set up today to leave the space out wide if anywhere knowing there's minimal threat from those areas. Games like today you need your wingers to produce something, just being tidy, playing the ball backwards and sideways as he did isn't enough.

I'm not going to jump on him too much because as I've said elsewhere the performances don't really matter right now but he was a big reason why we struggled so much today. They've set up today to leave the space out wide if anywhere knowing there's minimal threat from those areas. Games like today you need your wingers to produce something, just being tidy, playing the ball backwards and sideways as he did isn't enough.
Produce something like for example running at the heart of the opposition defence taking 3 or 4 defenders with you and drawing a foul that wins us a free kick in a dangerous area from which we might score ?

It isn't as simple as that though. Whenever he had the ball, he occupied at least two players, which freed someone else, and it is a consistent theme in many of our games. It is not true that he ONLY passed the ball backwards and sideways and I have no doubt that the game stats will confirm that.

Lol

Didn’t realise we struggled today mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.