10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that’s how you want to view it then sure. If you watch football, you can see how important Jack is to the team. Bernardo also. Both players don’t assist or score a lot but only 1 gets attacked for it. Team functions better when both are on the pitch.

Bernardo spends 80% of his football at City in deep midfield.
Grealish plays left wing. Bernardo has won us loads of games on his own.

Bernardo does everything Grealish does and 10 times more.

Grealish goes through the motions.

Wonderful repost you numpty.. 90+ minutes against a struggling side and yet again he’s failed to offer anything in terms of a shot or chance created..
He shouldn’t be solely judged on those 2 parts of his game. Gundo got the same abuse for years. Bernie doesn’t get the same stick. I dont see the point. Lad is attacked every match.

In the team we win more than when he is not available. That will do for me.

bernardo can get away with it because he plays in the middle mostly if grealish could get a run in the middle it would take the pressure of him imo. I've said this before but i don't see anyway for grealish to be a success for us out wide
We are top of the league and qualified top of our CL group with a game to spare. So far, he is a success, because he is a part of a successful team.

Bernardo spends 80% of his football at City in deep midfield.
Grealish plays left wing. Bernardo has won us loads of games on his own.

Bernardo does everything Grealish does and 10 times more.

Grealish goes through the motions.
You didn’t answer the question. Both don’t score or create a lot both should be judged the same.

Your argument is based on the media portrayal of Jack. Not the actual facts. We would not be champions without his imput. Why hate a city player who helps us achieve so much? Dont get it…sorry.

Another example of his time at City, midway through the second half, nice play on the right between De Bruyne and Bernardo, ball comes inside to Gundogan, he’s looking for movement inside the full back from the wide left player, only to see Grealish stood right next to him. Move breaks down.
This sort of thing happens quite a lot with Grealish and I think it's down to a lack football intelligence. When he recieves the ball it takes him too long to work out what the best option is so he holds onto the ball for to long which is why he gets fouled so much. Some people say it's deliberately slowing the game down but to me it seems like he just doesn't see the game as quickly as the players around him.

He shouldn’t be solely judged on those 2 parts of his game. Gundo got the same abuse for years. Bernie doesn’t get the same stick. I dont see the point. Lad is attacked every match.

In the team we win more than when he is not available. That will do for me.

Gundogan and Bernardo don’t play the same position as Grealish.,
Grealish plays forward left.
Elite wide forwards score and assist 30+ goals a season.
Average ones 20.

If Haaland is playing the bar is lower, but he’s been here 18 months now, he should be returning Mahrez, Foden numbers. He’s not. He’s not even returning Rodri numbers.

You didn’t answer the question. Both don’t score or create a lot both should be judged the same.

Your argument is based on the media portrayal of Jack. Not the actual facts. We would not be champions without his imput. Why hate a city player who helps us achieve so much? Dont get it…sorry.

They should be judged the same. They play in different positions.
And Bernardo’s numbers take the piss out of Grealish’s.

Gundogan and Bernardo don’t play the same position as Grealish.,
Grealish plays forward left.
Elite wide forwards score and assist 30+ goals a season.
Average ones 20.

If Haaland is playing the bar is lower, but he’s been here 18 months now, he should be returning Mahrez, Foden numbers. He’s not. He’s not even returning Rodri numbers.
Who is putting these numbers up?

This sort of thing happens quite a lot with Grealish and I think it's down to a lack football intelligence. When he recieves the ball it takes him too long to work out what the best option is so he holds onto the ball for to long which is why he gets fouled so much. Some people say it's deliberately slowing the game down but to me it seems like he just doesn't see the game as quickly as the players around him.

Couldn’t agree more. David Silva, Gundogan slow the game down when needed. But also play rapid one touch progressive football when needed.
Grealish does t have that in his locker.
He’s a neat and tidy player, some nice attributes, but today for me summed up his time at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.