10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utter tripe. Grealish doesn't play today, we don't win.
How do you know that if Foden had started instead of him, Foden wouldn’t have scored a brace in the first half by going at their full back?

Grealish was his usual unaggressive self apart from about three runs all game. He didn’t do a lot wrong, but he was mostly ineffective really.

Not denying he’s not doing things for the side/what pep tells him but it’s no fun having a completely impotent attacking player lol, you know he’s doing nothing when he gets in the box .
Team game mate. 11 players needed to win a game. Do you view Bernardo in the same way? He is impotent in front of goal? What is his use?

Last edited:
Wasn’t bad today, wasn’t good either. I think this afternoon was his time at City in 90 minutes.

Lots of carrying the ball, only to stop, turn back and pass on all responsibilities to Cancelo.
Won the free kick for the goal.
Two moments of utter ineptitude in the last two minutes that perfectly displayed his lack of conviction in a City shirt. Torn between heading to the corner or attacking the goal. Did neither on both occasions and relinquished possession easily.

Another example of his time at City, midway through the second half, nice play on the right between De Bruyne and Bernardo, ball comes inside to Gundogan, he’s looking for movement inside the full back from the wide left player, only to see Grealish stood right next to him. Move breaks down.

He was not poor today, he was average as normal. Never looked a threat and when you have a young lad up front on his own, you need something from everyone.

For those that keep saying he attracts 3 opposition players to the ball, he doesn’t, he runs into dead ends. That’s why he’s faced with 3 men. That would be great if he got a killer pass off, but he doesn’t. He either goes backwards or gets fouled.

I think today sums up his time at City. Some thought he was awful, some thought he was good. He displayed what he does well and where he struggles.

6/10.

Is this a joke???
If that’s how you want to view it then sure. If you watch football, you can see how important Jack is to the team. Bernardo also. Both players don’t assist or score a lot but only 1 gets attacked for it. Team functions better when both are on the pitch.

If that’s how you want to view it then sure. If you watch football, you can see how important Jack is to the team. Bernardo also. Both players don’t assist or score a lot but only 1 gets attacked for it. Team functions better when both are on the pitch.
bernardo can get away with it because he plays in the middle mostly if grealish could get a run in the middle it would take the pressure of him imo. I've said this before but i don't see anyway for grealish to be a success for us out wide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.