10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salah, Mane, Sterling did, Vinicius, Naymar, Messi.
Foden is on
double figures for the season already. Hazard did. Same did. Mahrez gas 13 goals and 13 assists in his “poor” first season with us.
He has never been that player!

You are judging someone on a part of his game that in actual fact has never been part of his game. I don’t know what type of player you think Jack is but he has never been a big goal scorer.

Messi? Come on lol.
Neymar in the French league.
Sterling scored lot of tap ins.
Mane and salah top players and hard to reach that level.

I suspect you are not considering the stats that have populated this thread in the last week. His stats are very good indeed. As for Mahrez, I think it is clear that he has not been as good this year, and he is probably coming to the end of his time with us, but he has been an important player, especially in the CL.
Those aren't the stats we should be looking at when judging wingers/wide forwards that why i won't judge him with them only goals and assists matter and compared to every other winger who plays for top teams his stats are awful. I don't think he has a bad player he just doesn't suit us out wide.

Definitely room for improvement in terms of direct goal contributions but he clearly does well at other things in keeping the ball or in indirect contributions.

Alot of complaining about on a game we won.

Save that energy when we lose and you can then directly blame Grealish.

Grealish take note on how Cancelo plays he fancies a dribble he dribbles he fancies a cross he crosses he fancies a shot he shoot he fancies not to pass and move into space then passes across to the other side he does!

Grealish is to scared to do anything other than keep the ball at all costs which pep wants but Pep as always say final third it’s on you!

Other than Ederson, are there guaranteed starters in our team? Rodri...
You could equally say that he sold them because he preferred Jack.
kdb and walker aswell are guarenteed. What i mean is that grealish isn't being played by pep specifically because hes playing well theres also an element of us not having a lot of options. I'm not sure if grealish was preferred over sterling last season didn't he end us using grealish as a fake 9 last season to fit him in the team?

Grealish take note on how Cancelo plays he fancies a dribble he dribbles he fancies a cross he crosses he fancies a shot he shoot he fancies not to pass and move into space then passes across to the other side he does!

Grealish is to scared to do anything other than keep the ball at all costs which pep wants but Pep as always say final third it’s on you!

Does he have that "freedom" as Cancelo? Has he got the same treatment?

Grealish played well and was dropped vs Liverpool.

Cancelo made laughable mistakes and caused our points directly and still was given license to roam and a guaranteed starter.

Personally I think Pep is too harsh on wingers and too tolerant for defenders. Jesus Sterling(before form drop) and Torres for example all got that harsh treatment some point in their city career. Perhaps because Pep used to play as a defender/midfielder so he has a soft spot. Pep blamed KDB for not tracking back quickly enough for Salah goal in the post match interview while everyone saw what Cancelo did. It says all.

Last edited:
Team game mate. 11 players needed to win a game. Do you view Bernardo in the same way? He is impotent in front of goal? What is his use?
Bernardo has 5 assists this season now, even with him playing a lot further back then grealish.

Again not saying he’s not doing a good job in some respect but the goal contributions are shite and he knows it which is why he constantly talks about it in interviews

Spoiled fans or rags on the wind up.

Fact: won the league with Jack last season. Played his part.

Fact: City as a team function better and win more matches when Jack is on the pitch.

Fact: 100m player? No and only due to football living in a bubble. Only truly exceptional players should go for that type of fee. Bellingham will be the next target if he arrives

Should he score more goals? Not sure. He could improve his assists. The attacks on the player need to stop. We all moan about the lies printed in the media but choose to accept it when written about certain players.

Agent Rafa out!

Last edited:
Spoiled fans or rags on the wind up.

Fact: won the league with Jack last season. Played his part.

Fact: City as a team function better and win more matches when Jack is on the pitch.

Fact: 100m player? No and only due to football living in a bubble. Only truly exceptional players should go for that type of fee. Bellingham will be the next target if he arrives

Should he score more goal? Not sure. He could improve his assists. The attacks on the player need to stop. We all moan about the lies printed in the media but choose to accept it when written about certain players.

Agent Rafa out!
He played well today and does exactly what Pep tells him to do.

He played well today and does exactly what Pep tells him to do.
Exactly. He is a cog in the blue winning machine. Just like Bernie and Gundo etc etc.

You could argue he is doing a job for the team at the expense of himself. Either way I still don’t get the hate. He is a player for MCFC.

I don’t particularly like Mahrez but I can acknowledge he has contributed alot to the club and hope he can regain some sort of form this season. The 100m player hate is driven by something else and not his footballing abilities.

Anyway, just like brexit people will see what they want because they have been told a pack of lies and don’t want to or can’t admit their mistake. Bash away…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.