10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. He is a cog in the blue winning machine. Just like Bernie and Gundo etc etc.

You could argue he is doing a job for the team at the expense of himself. Either way I still don’t get the hate. He is a player for MCFC.

I don’t particularly like Mahrez but I can acknowledge he has contributed alot to the club and hope he can regain some sort of form this season. The 100m player hate is driven by something else and not his footballing abilities.

Anyway, just like brexit people will see what they want because they have been told a pack of lies and don’t want to or can’t admit their mistake. Bash away…
It's jealousy because their wives and girlfriends fancy him. Basic stuff really.

He has to deliver now really. He cost us 100 million, not 20 or 30. You'd expect him to make a difference for that cost.

He's coming out slating Almiron and he's not performing to the same level as him. There was absolutely no need for him to berate another player. I found it very tacky and unprofessional. It's like me slating a colleague that I work with. I'd never do it, no matter how incompetent they are.

Has to pull his socks up and start doing the business now. He's had enough time.

Thought he got better as the game went on.

Played to his instructions in the first half. Then was clearly given more licence to roam in the 2nd which produced some of the game's best moments.

He has to deliver now really. He cost us 100 million, not 20 or 30. You'd expect him to make a difference for that cost.

He's coming out slating Almiron and he's not performing to the same level as him. There was absolutely no need for him to berate another player. I found it very tacky and unprofessional. It's like me slating a colleague that I work with. I'd never do it, no matter how incompetent they are.

Has to pull his socks up and start doing the business now. He's had enough time.
I was there. He was pissed. First name that came on his head. Yeah, I agree, a mistake but get off that cross mate, we need the wood for fire.

Wasn’t bad today, wasn’t good either. I think this afternoon was his time at City in 90 minutes.

Lots of carrying the ball, only to stop, turn back and pass on all responsibilities to Cancelo.
Won the free kick for the goal.
Two moments of utter ineptitude in the last two minutes that perfectly displayed his lack of conviction in a City shirt. Torn between heading to the corner or attacking the goal. Did neither on both occasions and relinquished possession easily.

Another example of his time at City, midway through the second half, nice play on the right between De Bruyne and Bernardo, ball comes inside to Gundogan, he’s looking for movement inside the full back from the wide left player, only to see Grealish stood right next to him. Move breaks down.

He was not poor today, he was average as normal. Never looked a threat and when you have a young lad up front on his own, you need something from everyone.

For those that keep saying he attracts 3 opposition players to the ball, he doesn’t, he runs into dead ends. That’s why he’s faced with 3 men. That would be great if he got a killer pass off, but he doesn’t. He either goes backwards or gets fouled.

I think today sums up his time at City. Some thought he was awful, some thought he was good. He displayed what he does well and where he struggles.

6/10.
Bollox

Wasn’t bad today, wasn’t good either. I think this afternoon was his time at City in 90 minutes.

Lots of carrying the ball, only to stop, turn back and pass on all responsibilities to Cancelo.
Won the free kick for the goal.
Two moments of utter ineptitude in the last two minutes that perfectly displayed his lack of conviction in a City shirt. Torn between heading to the corner or attacking the goal. Did neither on both occasions and relinquished possession easily.

Another example of his time at City, midway through the second half, nice play on the right between De Bruyne and Bernardo, ball comes inside to Gundogan, he’s looking for movement inside the full back from the wide left player, only to see Grealish stood right next to him. Move breaks down.

He was not poor today, he was average as normal. Never looked a threat and when you have a young lad up front on his own, you need something from everyone.

For those that keep saying he attracts 3 opposition players to the ball, he doesn’t, he runs into dead ends. That’s why he’s faced with 3 men. That would be great if he got a killer pass off, but he doesn’t. He either goes backwards or gets fouled.

I think today sums up his time at City. Some thought he was awful, some thought he was good. He displayed what he does well and where he struggles.

6/10.

What a load of shite that is.

I am giving up on him delivering goals or assists at City. he just wont. he probably will close out this PL season with something like 2 goals, 2 assists.

at about one third of the season he is at 1 goal, 0 assists, so yes 2 G, 2 A sounds about right as he also wont start every remaining PL game. ( he finished with 3+3 last season where most of the optimistic people here said because he needed 12 months to bed in and eget used to Pep's requirements as did Rodri, Cancelo etc., and this current season he will really show his worth...)
2+2 G/A, that is something Sterling or Jesus did in one of their best league games last few season and not over a whole season but anyway thats in the past.

I do think we need more goals from wing area and Mahrez cannot be relied so far (especially if Haaland spends some time on the sideline), his form went out on the window with the contract extension. looks unreal he was our top scorer last season with almost 25 goals in all comps. cannot even score a pen anymore.

I hope we never get into a situation where we need to rely on goals/assists from Grealish. it is becoming clear he wont even pull up his Villa numbers here...

Foden, KDB, Haaland, Alvarez has to score as much as they can.

I am giving up on him delivering goals or assists at City. he just wont. he probably will close out this PL season with something like 2 goals, 2 assists.

at about one third of the season he is at 1 goal, 0 assists, so yes 2 G, 2 A sounds about right as he also wont start every remaining PL game. ( he finished with 3+3 last season where most of the optimistic people here said because he needed 12 months to bed in and eget used to Pep's requirements as did Rodri, Cancelo etc., and this current season he will really show his worth...)
2+2 G/A, that is something Sterling or Jesus did in one of their best league games last few season and not over a whole season but anyway thats in the past.

I do think we need more goals from wing area and Mahrez cannot be relied so far (especially if Haaland spends some time on the sideline), his form went out on the window with the contract extension. looks unreal he was our top scorer last season with almost 25 goals in all comps. cannot even score a pen anymore.

I hope we never get into a situation where we need to rely on goals/assists from Grealish. it is becoming clear he wont even pull up his Villa numbers here...

To scared in the final third to try anything he comes up against someone then passes back if he cost 40m he be on the bench most weeks when we have a fully fit squad!

That’s the spirit!! Haha! Fuckinell some fanbase we’ve got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.