10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
On one side, he is not scoring or creating goals or providing assists
On the other side, he is doing really well in keeping the ball and being positive in the build up

Of course I will not get into the money part, because that is not related to his performance

I think he needs to be creative in the final third to score or provide an assist, and this is a must if he is gonna keep playing on the wing. Haaland is not going to play every week, and sometimes we need our wingers to score and save the day
I also think he is doing a good job this season. His role in the buildup is very positive and almost all of his decisions are correct. He keeps the ball well, and passes it in the right moments. We can say that he got all the basics right

Imo he is doing good for now, and I like the fact that he keeps the ball and being positive in the buildup. The problem is that he is not improving or his performances are not growing fast enough.
We absolutely need a winger in the winter transfers and I don't know if Grealish would continue to play in the first 11 after the world cup.

Thought he got better as the game went on.

I felt like he was pretty naff for the last ten or fifteen minutes. Pep obviously wanted to keep him on rather than Alvarez to help control the game a bit more but he was a bit shit at doing the stuff he's usually good at. Don't know if he was just knackered by the end but he wasn't much help running the game down.

Other than that I thought he was okay. Not great, not bad.

I am giving up on him delivering goals or assists at City. he just wont. he probably will close out this PL season with something like 2 goals, 2 assists.

at about one third of the season he is at 1 goal, 0 assists, so yes 2 G, 2 A sounds about right as he also wont start every remaining PL game. ( he finished with 3+3 last season where most of the optimistic people here said because he needed 12 months to bed in and eget used to Pep's requirements as did Rodri, Cancelo etc., and this current season he will really show his worth...)
2+2 G/A, that is something Sterling or Jesus did in one of their best league games last few season and not over a whole season but anyway thats in the past.

I do think we need more goals from wing area and Mahrez cannot be relied so far (especially if Haaland spends some time on the sideline), his form went out on the window with the contract extension. looks unreal he was our top scorer last season with almost 25 goals in all comps. cannot even score a pen anymore.

I hope we never get into a situation where we need to rely on goals/assists from Grealish. it is becoming clear he wont even pull up his Villa numbers here...

Foden, KDB, Haaland, Alvarez has to score as much as they can.

He won the free kick for the winning goal.

Assists mean fuck all.

Spoiled fans or rags on the wind up.

Fact: won the league with Jack last season. Played his part.

Fact: City as a team function better and win more matches when Jack is on the pitch.

Fact: 100m player? No and only due to football living in a bubble. Only truly exceptional players should go for that type of fee. Bellingham will be the next target if he arrives

Should he score more goals? Not sure. He could improve his assists. The attacks on the player need to stop. We all moan about the lies printed in the media but choose to accept it when written about certain players.

Agent Rafa out!
Fucking bull shit. I’ve had season ticket 1986.Fans are allowed an opinion.

Fucking bull shit. I’ve had season ticket 1986.Fans are allowed an opinion.
Attacking a city player constantly is not an opinion. You may ask yourself why you dislike the lad so much?. Once you figure that out come back with a fair analysis of his time here.

Did city win the league with Grealish? Did he have an impact? Go to red cafe or Rawk if you need to attack City players. Plenty over there will feed into your delusions.

100m blah blah blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.