10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand what abuse Jack Grealish is supposedly getting.

All I see and hear are fans of our club saying he should be contributing more and he simply should.

He has not played badly but he has hardly set the world alight and even he has admitted he should be doing more in terms of goals and assists.

We have not yet seen the best of Jack Grealish in our shirt, that's just a fact and anyone thing other is in denial.

But also talk of him getting abuse is utter nonsense.

I still don't understand what abuse Jack Grealish is supposedly getting.

All I see and hear are fans of our club saying he should be contributing more and he simply should.

He has not played badly but he has hardly set the world alight and even he has admitted he should be doing more in terms of goals and assists.

We have not yet seen the best of Jack Grealish in our shirt, that's just a fact and anyone thing other is in denial.

But also talk of him getting abuse is utter nonsense.

I go to the games and he gets no abuse. There might be discussions in the stands and some might say he's not performing well or he's not going to make it here but that hardly constitutes abuse.

I go to the games and he gets no abuse. There might be discussions in the stands and some might say he's not performing well or he's not going to make it here but that hardly constitutes abuse.

He generally gets an unbelievable reception from us considering the relatively small impact he's had. He got the loudest cheers of anyone in the squad at the title parade and I mean by far the loudest. Kev was second and it wasn't even close. It's not just kids who idolise him and horny women, it's grown arse men.

I don't get it. There's a proper cult of personality thing going on and it makes it very hard to criticise him without getting people's backs up.

Last year everyone said "he'll get going in his second season" and now that his performances have pretty much stayed at the same level the goalposts have shifted to "oh actually, he's been great all along, you just don't understand football like me and Pep."

He generally gets an unbelievable reception from us considering the relatively small impact he's had. He got the loudest cheers of anyone in the squad at the title parade and I mean by far the loudest. Kev was second and it wasn't even close. It's not just kids who idolise him and horny women, it's grown arse men.

I don't get it. There's a proper cult of personality thing going on and it makes it very hard to criticise him without getting people's backs up.

Last year everyone said "he'll get going in his second season" and now that his performances have pretty much stayed at the same level the goalposts have shifted to "oh actually, he's been great all along, you just don't understand football like me and Pep."

He comes across as a nice kid that's why nobody gives him stick. I said in another post he's a very good player who'd be great in another team like he was at Villa. Fitting him into our system is limiting what made him stand out. If all is we want him to do is keep possession and pass backwards we could have paid a lot less for someone else. He needs to be running at defences, bit if he does we have to be ready for the counter when he loses the ball.

The goal post will keep shifting year after year. The bar will get lower with each and every passing match so that his fanboys accommodate him being mediocre.

Jack is surrounded by an amazing team, world class players, great coaching stuff and management. Through osmosis, he has to improve(definitely he will never be world class) but improve drastically, should be a given, but for some odd reason his too thick to.

Jack should spend more hours, like, many more hours with the coaching stuff, practicing, shooting, dribbling past defenders(not running straight at them), work on his movement off the ball and movement of other players when he has the ball, read of the game, decision making and crossing. He should keep his head low, work extremely hard and grind it out. Almiron is mopping the floor with him and this is Jack playing as a front 3 for the best team in the world for ffs!

Last edited:
If by "attacking him" you mean posters commenting on his performances on a "players performance" thread then I don't really know why there would even be such a thread, we should maybe get rid of them ?

Personally, I can see what every player contributes to the team but not Jack. I just don't see what he does.
Except win the odd free kick. When we signed him I was kind of expecting him to beat 2 or three defenders before laying it on a plate for someone or scoring the odd worldy after a mazy run. Mostly the ball goes backwards from Jack. He never looks like scoring or even assisting. Raheem annoyed me sometimes but he was one of our top scorers.

I find it puzzling that Jack's fans get so worked up by people critiquing his performances, it's only an opinion. I'm expecting to be called a **** any minute. I'm no football expert, I played a lot when younger and I've watched City for over 50 years but I could never organise a team, I know that.

I think after 1.3 seasons this situation is a negative for both parties, I think Jack should move to a lesser club like Villa where he can shine and rule the roost so to speak. I just can't see anything changing.
Lol

The goal post will keep shifting year after year. The bar will get lower with each and every passing match so that his fanboys accommodate him being mediocre.

Jack is surrounded by an amazing team, world class players, great coaching stuff and management. Through osmosis, he has to improve(definitely he will never be world class) but improve drastically, should be a given, but for some odd reason his too thick to.

Jack should spend more hours, like, many more hours with the coaching stuff, practicing, shooting, dribbling past defenders(not running straight at them), work on his movement off the ball and movement of other players when he has the ball, read of the game, decision making and crossing. He should keep his head low, work extremely hard and grind it out. Almiron is mopping the floor with him and this is Jack playing as a front 3 for the best team in the world for ffs!
Lol

If you’re somebody who refuses to accept that he contributes to the team then you’ve got no right talking about football in general because it’s quite obvious you know fuck all. You can say he should be doing more, want more goals/assists etc but to flat out refuse to accept he contributes? Nah. That’s why this thread goes on and on and on. It’s full of fucking nonsense being posted by people who you’d think would know better.
Why do you get so defensive about him, it's like your in love.
Anybody criticises him and your calling them a ****, your also continually saying people know fuck all.
Your posts are always insulting and inflamatory.
You say I know fuck all about football, well thats a laugh from the guy who not long ago advocated the sale of KDB.

I have no desire to argue with you and I don't begrudge you loving Jack Grealish, I respect your opinion. I just wish you would respect the opinion of others (which you don't) and stop calling people cunts, (people/City fans are not cunts...show some respect) as you have done several times on this thread.

Last edited:
I've come to realise what gets posted in interenet threads and what gets said out in the real world and quite different, on many subjects and players not just Grealish, as long as he continues to get support in the ground, from his team mates and manager,and he does, what gets said on he interenet is of little relevance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.