10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've come to realise what gets posted in interenet threads and what gets said out in the real world and quite different, on many subjects and players not just Grealish, as long as he continues to get support in the ground, from his team mates and manager,and he does, what gets said on he interenet is of little relevance.

The internet is a cesspit. The main problem is overseas fans who've latched onto successful clubs. They have rarely if ever gone to a game live nor will most in their lives. As a result they watch games and keep up to date via the sports channels and media. We all know how they report on City and how overly critical they are of players and managers, so their opinion gets warped by that bullshit. They become almost hysterical in their views and many are quick to pile on too. Background noise if our players had any sense they'd stay off social media completely.

Well done. You tried to start an argument on the Grealish thread because I had the audacity to defend the player. Throwing insults about is of no use to anyone on a forum.

No political garbage was posted, merely an observation. The abuse said player is getting has gone OTT. Anyway, you keep point scoring if that’s your thing. Iv no interest in arguing over it. You could have worded your response better and not acted a dick but hey that’s the internet after all so my expectations need to be lowered. Try to contribute in a more meaningful way next time and maybe we won’t need to engage in tit for tat nonsense.

No probs, mate. We’ve both said our piece and we move on.

I've come to realise what gets posted in interenet threads and what gets said out in the real world and quite different, on many subjects and players not just Grealish, as long as he continues to get support in the ground, from his team mates and manager,and he does, what gets said on he interenet is of little relevance.
I was away in Dublin for the weekend so gave my ticket to a mate, so followed the game and fallout intermittently between Guinnesses via this forum before watching the highlights when I got to my hotel.

According the forum we were shite, Grealish was shite, everyone was a disgrace. When I watched MOTD they were praising every player after Cancelo went off, an almost unheard of domination with ten men against a good side.

And people moan about media agendas. They're more positive about the team than some people on here.

Why do you get so defensive about him, it's like your in love.
Anybody criticises him and your calling them a ****, your also continually saying people know fuck all.
Your posts are always insulting and inflamatory.
You say I know fuck all about football, well thats a laugh from the guy who not long ago advocated the sale of KDB.

I have no desire to argue with you and I don't begrudge you loving Jack Grealish, I respect your opinion. I just wish you would respect the opinion of others (which you don't) and stop calling people cunts, (people/City fans are not cunts...show some respect) as you have done several times on this thread.
I only insult the posters that go over the top. If someone thinks he’s not been a great success I can acknowledge that fact and understand where they are coming from when it comes down to numbers.
I don’t love him nor am I in love with him but I won’t sit back whilst a handful of posters continue to make out as though he’s fucking useless and the worst player we’ve ever had. If I call somebody a **** then it’s because they are most likely a ****.
Jack is a City player who has done nothing wrong apart from cost too much money. He is playing a part in a very successful team and until he does something that’s deserving of being constantly put down he will get my support.

A look on jacks performances through this season. I dont know if its been posted here. Also i dont understand why so many expect jack to become something hes not ever been. Hes never been a goal scorer even at villa i think the most he had in a season was around 8. Hes important as pep continues to play him... Its also funny how he has become the scapegoat for so many kind of like sterling use to be but hes the player who funny enough hasnt been on the pitch for our dropped points in the prem this seaon. I wish against chelsea we could see him as an 8 in our system and be allowed the kind of freedom that kev and gundo get sometimes.

Do you find it hard to enjoy the football we play now?
Not at all, loving it thanks but we relied on a bit of KDB magic against Leicester and looked better against Fulham once the changes had been made. I think we would have been in better positions in those games had we had a different alternative on the left, just an honest assessment of how I see it. I've nothing against Jack and always support him and want him to do well the same as every City fan does but I don't see a great match-winning player at the moment and we are reliant on too few people to win us games. As an attacking player it's not unfair to expect a bit more and as Pep and the City owners always say you should always be looking to improve.....

Last edited:
Sorry but I think we need some pace out there, it's just going backwards and sideways at the moment. The amount of times we have broken quickly recently only to see it all slow down when it has reached Jack or Mahrez has been very noticeable. I think Alvarez went left on just one occasion yet he beat the full-back and got a decent cross in with his 'weaker' foot. We got a lift on Saturday as the tempo was raised as soon as we made the changes otherwise it would probably been more of the same

I think Jack is hard to stop when he's direct, but your 100% correct we need speed of thought and action on the flanks and that goes for the full backs as well.

This is something some fans will never get - usually the ones who never go to games. That’s not a dig at them, you just don’t appreciate 50% of what players do unless you see the full picture

I attend games, have played at a good level and Grealish is no better at attracting players to the ball than any other decent pro who dribbles.

I agree it can be a strength but he doesn’t utilise the space he creates.

Look at Leeds’ winner vs the dippers. Young lad draws 3 players to him, then pierces the three men with a killer pass to end the game. I have seen Grealish in similar positions only to pass the buck.

This thread has so many posts because those who love Grealish no matter the performance have some weird condescending attitudes and some sort of
faux football intelligence superiority complex.

For me it’s simple. He’s a nice lad, seems very likeable, has done ok on the pitch but has been underwhelming to a worrying degree. We’ve heard excuse after excuses as to his bog standard return. Now we’re hearing that you don’t understand football if you don’t think he’s vital to our game.

The lad needs to wake up, his fee, his wages are beginning to look like a issue for him and his Almerion comments are making him look a total fool.

I understand football just fine, and he’s a player with similar attributes to Mahrez without the end product..
But, tougher on the ball and far more likeable personality.

Last edited:
I attend games, have played at a good level and Grealish is no better at attracting players to the ball than any other decent pro who dribbles.

I agree it can be a strength but he doesn’t utilise the space he creates.

Look at Leeds’ winner be the dippers. You lad draws 3 players to him, then pierces the three men with a killer pass to end the game. I have seen Grealish in similar positions only to pass the buck.

This thread has so many posts because those who love Grealish no matter the performance have some weird condescending attitudes and some sort of
faux football intelligence superiority complex.

For me it’s simple. He’s a nice lad, seems very likeable, has done ok on the pitch but has been underwhelming to a worrying degree. We’ve heard excuse after excuses as to his big standard return. Now we’re hearing that you don’t understand football if you don’t think he’s vital to our game.

The lad needs to shake up, his fee, his wages are beginning to look like a issue for him and his Almerion comments are making him look a total fool.

I understand football just fine, and he’s a player with similar to Mahrez without the end product..
But, tougher on the ball and far more likeable personality.
I’ll say that if you post he offers nothing at all to to the team and hasn’t contributed anything at all since he joined then you know nothing about football and I’ll stand by that.
You don’t, you offer a fair assessment in your eyes and it’s usually from a valid standpoint even if I will sometimes disagree with you about it.

Minutes per goal in all competitions for everyone who's scored for us this season.

Haaland: 56
Alvarez: 132
Foden: 162
Mahrez: 266
De Bruyne: 461
Gundogan: 617
Silva: 673
Cancelo: 751
Stones: 821
Grealish: 949

Okay, yeah, he's bottom of the list.

If he'd scored one more goal in the same number of minutes this season, he'd be in De Bruyne territory. Are you really expecting better than that?

For what it's worth I'd love him to look more of a threat in front of goal, I'd love to see him bang some more in. I think he can work on it, and is, and has loads of room for improvement when it comes to goalscoring.

But is this really what we're quibbling over at this stage in the season? One or two goals being the difference between success and failure?

It’s not just the volume of goals that’s the concern.
Your stats there prove just how daft his goal return is for a forward in the highest scoring team in the league and the best in Europe. Forget the comparison to De Bruyne. As his direct goal contributions are far far greater than the numbers posted.

The concern for me is, Grealish has played a huge number of games for us, and bar a deflected shot vs West Ham he’s failed to offer a single telling moment or match defining contribution to date.

If he’d scored 4/5 match defining goals whilst he’s been here, the numbers wouldn’t be the concern.
For 3/4 seasons now we have relied on(in the main) Gundogan, De Bruyne, Foden and Bernardo to win us tight games. Rodri a couple too. And now Haaland. Mahrez has won us key games.
Grealish needs to get to that level of importance or he’ll be shifted on. As we saw with Sterling and Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.