10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cards on the table, I am not a fan of Grealish. I never rated him at Villa and thought (when we bought him) he was a luxury we could have done without. We would have been much better off investing that kind of a money in a DM and a left back.

In his first season I was underwhelmed with his performances and judging by yesterday has has picked up where he left off.

If Pep is going to keep playing him on the left wing he has to be considered second choice to Foden in our best starting lineup.

I want him to come good and as I want all our players to come good, but I honestly don’t think he’s good enough. I hope I’m wrong but I dont think I am about this.

Without stating the obvious, our level compared to Villa is night and day.

You could say that about most players coming to us though. Brightons left back for instance. Most players don’t play at the level we do.

Are you suggesting playing amazing for villa for a few seasons doesn’t count and isn’t at our level?

You could say that about most players coming to us though. Brightons left back for instance. Most players don’t play at the level we do.

Are you suggesting playing amazing for villa for a few seasons doesn’t count and isn’t at our level?
I am saying the player I watched was not amazing and what I have seen of him in our shirt is what I expected.

A wide player that does not score enough goals, creates little and is classed as successful because he gets fouled alot, personally I find that a weakness but each to their own.

Only Foden of those is likely to play from the left. As I said, I'd play Foden with Cancelo or Grealish with a traditional LB (if we get one).
Then its foden.

But i also think Alvarez can play from the left...

He is in the MUEN this eve saying he is adaptable and can play anywhere across the front 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.