10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Creates little" is laughable.

Practically every metric you can look at shows Grealish as an elite creator.

I don't know that we're using him to the best of his ability. I don't know that he's better for our style of play than some of our other players. I agree he needs to be scoring more goals and taking more risks and all the rest of it.

But I don't think a lack of creativity is a fair assessment.

Agreed on this.

For starters, he's got a decent left-footed cross but uses it far too little.
He created 3 assists last season and scored 3 goals, for a forward in our team that simply is not good enough.

And not single natural striker is receiving those assist, your point is?
He doesn't score or assist enough.

We scored over 100 goals, won a title without a striker, so I am not sure what your point is.

We have just lost Sterling a player who struggled for form for over 2 seasons, and last year was in and out of the side, Raheem Sterling's stats...30 matches, 13 goals , 5 assists

That puts Grealish's season into reality, simply not good enough.

Last edited:
He doesn't score or assist enough.

We scored over 100 goals, won a title without a striker, so I am not sure what your point is.

We have just lost Sterling a player who struggled for form for over 2 seasons, and last year was in and out of the side, Raheem Sterling's stats...30 matches, 13 goals , 5 assists

That puts Grealish's season into reality, simply not good enough.

Simply not good enough to justify his price tag, that's what you mean like you always do to bring as part of his criticism.

I can guarantee you, until the end of his career in city is over he will never satisfy your specific expetation on him because his price tag will never and i mean ever to justify it.

And the most damning part?, Jack doesn't care. The only thing he cares about is to safisfy his manager demand on him to keep his place on team and for the most part Pep is happy on his contribution for the team and that's already enough for him.

Last edited:
Simply not good enough to justify his price tag, that's what you mean like you always do to bring as part of his criticism.

I can guarantee you, until the end of his career in city is over he will never satisfy your specific expetation on him because his price tag will never and i mean ever to justify it.

And the most damning part?, Jack doesn't care. The only thing he cares about is to safisfy his manager demand on him to keep his place on team and for the most part Pep is happy on his contribution for the team and that's already enough for him.
If he cost 1/2 of what we paid he would be a disappointment so far, are you seriously telling me you have been impressed by him?

He doesn't care? he should care and if he doesn't we are in trouble.

He'd be better if he used his left foot occasionally.

Grealish beat TAA and Matip from a run behind by his own to the byline just after we were 1 goal down. Used his left foot to put in a cross into the middle of the box. Halaand should use his body but he chose to try a volley and it was silly and naive. VVD cleared the ball before Halaand. So he did not try to do afterward (nor did any other teammates to make a pull back).

The problem is with Halaand's header. Not Grealish's his left foot.

He created 3 assists last season and scored 3 goals, for a forward in our team that simply is not good enough.

There were multiple contributing factors to that low output last year, many of which have now been resolved.

I hope and believe he'll get more goals and assists this season.

But he's never been a big goalscorer. Never hit double figures for league goals in a single season.

So either we spent £100m in the belief that we could change him to be a big goalscorer and that would somehow be easier or better than just bringing in a someone with a goalscoring track record who we could almost certainly get for less than £100m.

Or we bought him for another reason, because there's something he does that is rare and special and unteachable, something that Pep needs for how he wants this side to play over the next few years.

We bought him on the basis of what he did at Villa, and goalscoring was a very small part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.