10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do find the Grealish/Sterling comparisons exhausting.

Whilst fans got on Sterlings back it wasn't through lack of trying. Sterling had become so lazy, so disinterested, unwilling to put in any effort. You can see Jack wants to excel, is putting the effort in, he's just not having much luck at the moment.

So i'm reluctant to put any more grief on his shoulders because he does at least look like he's trying his best, unlike Sterling who we all knew had the talent but didn't appear to care anymore. That's what made him so frustrating.

Had a look at our record when Grealish starts compared to when he doesn't.

(Premier League only)
When Grealish starts:
P - 29
W - 22 (76%)
D - 5 (18%)
L - 2 (7%)
(1% margin of error)
(Averaged out to a full season: P38, W29, D6, L3, 93 points)

When Grealish doesn't start:
P - 19
W - 14 (73%)
D - 3 (16%)
L - 2 (11%)
(Win % - 70%)
(Averaged out to a full season: P38, W27, D6, L5, 87 points)
The only thing with that is that it doesn’t show who those games are against. In the biggest games, Pep often leaves Grealish out.

End of last season, for example, Grealish didn’t start any of the big games in the run-in, nor did he start home or away against Madrid. So it would stand to reason that we’d win more games when he’s in the team because he plays more against the weaker sides.

Not sure how you can think that first point. Foden only played for 20 minutes and barely touched the ball. Think he gave it it away once.
20 minutes and made no contribution to the game. Never tried to get involved. I know he's probably just following instructions, but he's wasted if he's only going to be used as a wide man.

Stats this, comparisons that.... He had a good game last night, got into shooting positions, was driven and made things happen.

Pep was really pleased with him. Right now he's doing the right thing no matter what the tracksuit moaners say. Or the city hating pundits who like to spotlight him.

And these are his headlines he gets compared to lfc players.. the media are triggering city fans into hating him and some always fall for it

Screenshot_20221229-095042_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I think he is class. Of course he needs to improve his goals/assists output, but I think we are a better team when he plays. I am happy when I see his name in the starting 11.

City fans always seem to want a scapegoat; it's one of our less desirable traits. I remember when Joe Corrigan first got into the City team in the early seventies. He didn't have a great time in the beginning, and the fans let him know that. That's when we brought in Keith MacRae. But he was also unimpressive, Joe got a second chance and never looked back. Fast forward to the 90s and Richard Edghill, who was treated shamefully by a section of our"fans". Now, in recent years (at least online), Sterling, Mahrez and now Grealish have copped the flak. It's a pity, but there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.