10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wants him to fail? No blue i know wants him to fail, why would they? But he is failing, failing to deliver and live up to the hype, and that's a fact. Many thought Grealish would kick on from last season and he's doing no better. If anything he's become easier to work out for defenders. He can't beat a man, no turn of pace, offloads the ball soon as he can with square and backwards passes. 3 good chances squandered and 2 assists because he has no confidence to score. Sterling was a frustrating player( like I've said) but he was fast paced and delivered plenty of goals and assists, should have had more but I'm digressing now.

I want to see Grealish putting In MOTM displays and making things happen when he comes off the bench, but sadly I'm not seeing that. With the skills Grealish has it's as though we're being short changed, it feels like he's taking the piss when he's playing passively in making easy passes. Sorry, but unlike some I cannot praise mediocrity...
Well that's easy then; don't believe the hype that others have placed on him because of his 'price-tag'. Don't believe that a £100m transfer means a £100m performance every game. We paid 'over the odds' for Grealish becausse Aston Villa simply didn't want to sell. If we truly wanted him, we had to pay big and we did.

Heaping all this additional pressure on the lad only hurts the team perfomances. So far he's done fine, got a few assists, has helped us to win a League Championship already, and last night in the second half showed bottle and desire; just look at his reaction to Haaland's second. I'm still prepared to give him time as long as he's making a positive contribution. Is that the sort of fans we've become now? 18 months, no double figures for goals, get rid? Christ I fear when Haaland has a dry spell of goals.

Wants him to fail? No blue i know wants him to fail, why would they? But he is failing, failing to deliver and live up to the hype, and that's a fact. Many thought Grealish would kick on from last season and he's doing no better. If anything he's become easier to work out for defenders. He can't beat a man, no turn of pace, offloads the ball soon as he can with square and backwards passes. 3 good chances squandered and 2 assists because he has no confidence to score. Sterling was a frustrating player( like I've said) but he was fast paced and delivered plenty of goals and assists, should have had more but I'm digressing now.

I want to see Grealish putting In MOTM displays and making things happen when he comes off the bench, but sadly I'm not seeing that. With the skills Grealish has it's as though we're being short changed, it feels like he's taking the piss when he's playing passively in making easy passes. Sorry, but unlike some I cannot praise mediocrity...

There are plenty who want him to fail,this was evidenced prior to his arrival when the insults and vitriol aimed at him were off the scale.Many of those same people have carried that into this thread and on the edge of their seats waiting for a showing like the first 45 mins last night.

The only issue with Grealish is the price tag,he has offered and delivered plenty in his time here,goals and assists aren't the only factors......had he cost 40m the majority would not bat an eye lid.

Was he any less effective than Mahrez last night? Has his thread jumped enormously overnight?

Well that's easy then; don't believe the hype that others have placed on him because of his 'price-tag'. Don't believe that a £100m transfer means a £100m performance every game. We paid 'over the odds' for Grealish becausse Aston Villa simply didn't want to sell. If we truly wanted him, we had to pay big and we did.

Heaping all this additional pressure on the lad only hurts the team perfomances. So far he's done fine, got a few assists, has helped us to win a League Championship already, and last night in the second half showed bottle and desire; just look at his reaction to Haaland's second. I'm still prepared to give him time as long as he's making a positive contribution. Is that the sort of fans we've become now? 18 months, no double figures for goals, get rid? Christ I fear when Haaland has a dry spell of goals.
I say it as i see it, and I'm not afraid to raise my head above the parapet to be shot at. I offer my opinion with level headed reasoning, unlike some who just slate Grealish on the match then fuck off soon as Grealish does something he should be doing. If he hadn't had a much better 2nd half with two assists then this place would be toxic reading this morning.

I say it as i see it, and I'm not afraid to raise my head above the parapet to be shot at. I offer my opinion with level headed reasoning, unlike some who just slate Grealish on the match then fuck off soon as Grealish does something he should be doing. If he hadn't had a much better 2nd half with two assists then this place would be toxic reading this morning.
Fact is though he did have a better second half, contributed to two goals that won us the match, yet still people choose to slag him off for the first half and not the overall performance. I don't understand the hatred when he's clearly trying to progress.

Stats this, comparisons that.... He had a good game last night, got into shooting positions, was driven and made things happen.

Pep was really pleased with him. Right now he's doing the right thing no matter what the tracksuit moaners say. Or the city hating pundits who like to spotlight him.

And these are his headlines he gets compared to lfc players.. the media are triggering city fans into hating him and some always fall for it

View attachment 64630
There’s a surprisingly decent report on Jack’s contribution in the i today. I presume it’s available online

The harsh reality for Jack is there are so many of his critics who refuse to budge from their dislike of him that regardless of how he performs, to them only goals matter.
It’s simplistic nonsense but there you go, there’s a few simplistic posters so it’s expected.
The reality is he played his part in another well earned victory. He was a huge reason we won the game and whilst not getting on the score sheet himself, his involvement in the two we did get second half was vital.
Keep up the good work Jackie boy. You’re doing alright.

There are plenty who want him to fail,this was evidenced prior to his arrival when the insults and vitriol aimed at him were off the scale.Many of those same people have carried that into this thread and on the edge of their seats waiting for a showing like the first 45 mins last night.

The only issue with Grealish is the price tag,he has offered and delivered plenty in his time here,goals and assists aren't the only factors......had he cost 40m the majority would not bat an eye lid.

Was he any less effective than Mahrez last night? Has his thread jumped enormously overnight?
That's a bit rich seeing as you lambasted Sterling's failings at almost any opportunity. And I haven't said that to piss you off as we've crossed swords previously plenty of times, and I'm fine we don't clash now, but come on pal. We all have players that frustrate us and I'm being honest saying Grealish frustrates me. I don't bang on about his price tag and i don't post opinion on him because i hate him. Some blues on this forum may do but i don't hear the same moans and groans in the stadium. Our online moaners don't either because most don't go to games and it wouldn't be accepted. Gone are the days when players like Edgehill got pelters off the fans at games and rightly so. I want Grealish to succeed as i do every player playing for us, but on the whole I've been mostly underwhelmed by Jack's contribution thus far.

I thought he was the best player on the pitch. Everything came through him. He should have scored, but created two goals, which shows character and the effect he had

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.