10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty who want him to fail,this was evidenced prior to his arrival when the insults and vitriol aimed at him were off the scale.Many of those same people have carried that into this thread and on the edge of their seats waiting for a showing like the first 45 mins last night.

The only issue with Grealish is the price tag,he has offered and delivered plenty in his time here,goals and assists aren't the only factors......had he cost 40m the majority would not bat an eye lid.

Was he any less effective than Mahrez last night? Has his thread jumped enormously overnight?

I think people need to get away from the obsession with price tags today

It’s almost irrelevant because there’s so much money in the game. If you want a player enough, you’ll pay what it costs if you have the money, so teams like Villa will set a high price. It doesn’t necessarily reflect a players worth anymore.

The idea of a “£50m player” or whatever is pretty much a thing of the past in terms of equating talent to the cost. Fee’s are all over the place now in terms of what you get for your money, especially with other money being passed behind the scenes etc.

I think pep need to give jack a go in the middle
The lad can take players on for fun, but putting him out left makes it easier for the other defence
they know he will not run on outside so they double up, kick him and force him back inside
Give him a bit more space and he will be more effective
His shooting does need work but he is a top top player

He can be frustrating to watch at times, as per the first half yesterday but then I thought he was really good second half. He gets kicked all over the place but keeps going. Overall I thought he had a good game yesterday and he was key to two of our goals.

I say it as i see it, and I'm not afraid to raise my head above the parapet to be shot at. I offer my opinion with level headed reasoning, unlike some who just slate Grealish on the match then fuck off soon as Grealish does something he should be doing. If he hadn't had a much better 2nd half with two assists then this place would be toxic reading this morning.

Didn’t you just claim that you could have provided the assists Grealish did last night?

The only way your posts could be considered level headed is if they were posted on a Birmingham City forum.

Didn’t you just claim that you could have provided the assists Grealish did last night?

The only way your posts could be considered level headed is if they were posted on a Birmingham City forum.
Yes, was a bit of tongue in cheek but they were easy assists. I don't understand your Birmingham City reference though.

For me the manner of Jack’s first half performance makes his second half showing even more impressive.

You could see after his late miss in the first half that he was visibly frustrated. He’s yet to hit top form with us, had a hostile crowd on his back and was getting kicked all over the pitch.

Many players would have gone into their shell in such circumstances but Jack put in a match winning contribution in the second half.

Fair play to the lad.

Fair enough pal. If we all had the same opinion this place wouldn't be worth reading. Do you think Grealish is doing enough?
In all honesty mate, I love every single one of our players as they’re all top top quality footballers & believe they’re all doing enough, which is why we keep on Winning games of football :)

So, Is he doing enough? For me, yes, absolutely, but I can understand some being disappointed with his goal & assist stats

But we keep on winning as a team with Grealish in it & have looked far more balanced this season with Grealish playing (especially with Foden on the right)

For me, I don’t care who scores or assists as long as we get the most important stat, a W

I think he had a good game yesterday..

Yes, obviously should have scored - but Gundo missed a few, Haaland as well, so other than that, provided 2 assists, kept the ball well, did his job..

Giving him a midfield role is interesting topic for me, cause he hasn't played there since 2020-s Tottenham away game, so as I understand issue is his defensive performance and let's be realistic - when it comes to physical duels he is our worst player in terms of defensive skills.

When he has the ball it's almost impossible to grab the ball away from him without getting fouled, but when Jack is trying to do the same job when opponent player has the ball, he almost never wins it. So, unless he improves in that part, I don't think Pep is going to play him in midfield.

Should start to tackle more and I don't know - improve in that department.

But I think that it's not a Bernardo situation for him as a winger. Due to reason that he accelerates with the ball better than Bernardo does, playing him LW position still makes a point and there is still the room for improvement. When you see Grealish highlights and etc. you can see that if he improves a little bit in a final third and gains confidence and so on, he can be a great winger for City. For Bernardo we can all agree that winger position was never going to work and it didn't, but fortunately Bernardo's defensive skills are one of the best in the team and midfield role was always going to be his final destination..

Maybe in future, he can be used for the KDB role or for example like Messi played during this World Cup - second striker or classic N10 or I don't know whatever that was :D KDB plays similar role during the last couple years and maybe Jack also will be there one day.

So in overall, I think Jack is valuable member of the team, still has a lot of room for improvement and nothing to worry about, as long as he continues to be realistic and like Pep sad "humble" and tries to do his best to gel into this team, justify the price and hype..

That's a bit rich seeing as you lambasted Sterling's failings at almost any opportunity. And I haven't said that to piss you off as we've crossed swords previously plenty of times, and I'm fine we don't clash now, but come on pal. We all have players that frustrate us and I'm being honest saying Grealish frustrates me. I don't bang on about his price tag and i don't post opinion on him because i hate him. Some blues on this forum may do but i don't hear the same moans and groans in the stadium. Our online moaners don't either because most don't go to games and it wouldn't be accepted. Gone are the days when players like Edgehill got pelters off the fans at games and rightly so. I want Grealish to succeed as i do every player playing for us, but on the whole I've been mostly underwhelmed by Jack's contribution thus far.

I had to read his post Three times just to make sure he typed the words of poster abuse of a player. Fanny Islands was on another level to anyone's with the Vitriol & Bile he slung at Raz, Not just football related either

Last edited:
I had to read his post Three times just to make sure he typed the words of posters abuse of a player. Fanny Islands was on another level to anyone's with the Vitriol & Bile he slung at Raz, Not just football related either
"Fanny island". Pmsl. I wanna go to fanny island and live it up as celibacy isn't suiting me; )

Joking apart though i won't add further to what i highlited because i promised Ric I'd keep the peace with FI after he(Ric) rescinded my last ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.