10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you obviously can't understand a general point. I wasn't talking about last night but the previous times he's played well. Your lack of self awareness is astounding. I mean, you of all posters trying to pretend you haven't been guilty of calling others nasty names. Laughable.
At least you are aware you are nasty , you seem to look down on this place and posters in general , what is the point of being here

First half especially, Leeds had 2 or 3 players on him every time he had the ball, leaving him with nowhere to go but back into defence. When we make him hug the touchline, a persistent multi-player press can cut off all the progressive angles.

I'd assume the best way to deal with this would be for him to pass to the defence and the defence to bring the ball forward with speed and accuracy into the spaces vacated by those Leeds players being tight to Jack.

Unfortunately, Ake and Akanji, despite their other qualities, aren't really the players for incisive line-breaking passes, and Stones was very wide on the right, making passes from the left wing to him risky due to the press a lot of the time.

So Jack passes back to the defence, they pass it between themselves and by the time they start moving forward, Leeds are back in shape and we've lost our overload.

When we allow Jack in off the wing a little more, he has more options and is more effective, but that's not without its risk to our shape.

Thought Grealish was beyond woeful first half. Was ok in the second half with one really pleasing piece of play that we need to see far more of.

But I have to say, this idea that teams double or triple up against him is a total myth.

The reasons he’s faced by 2/3 defenders is so obvious to anyone who’s played at half decent level. He takes too long on the ball, he slows everything down and dribbles across the pitch and backwards. This brings him into contest with other players. He doesn’t attack the space.. That's why he’s often crowded out.

He still needs to be much much better.

Thought Grealish was beyond woeful first half. Was ok in the second half with one really pleasing piece of play that we need to see far more of.

But I have to say, this idea that teams double or triple up against him is a total myth.

The reasons he’s faced by 2/3 defenders is so obvious to anyone who’s played at half decent level. He takes too long on the ball, he slows everything down and dribbles across the pitch and backwards. This brings him into contest with other players. He doesn’t attack the space.. That's why he’s often crowded out.

Okay I'm sure Pep will realise one day, but then he probably hasn't played at the level you did.

"He was okay in the second half"

Second 45 minutes he got 2 assists and was arguably the best player on the pitch.
I know for a fact if that was Foden or Bernardo you'd be calling it a fantastic second half performance.

Your bias is most definitely showing.

At least you are aware you are nasty , you seem to look down on this place and posters in general , what is the point of being here
Nope, I like many of the posters on here and I'm a City fan so will post whenever I want thanks.
I'm only 'nasty' to those who I feel deserve it and pretty much every time its after they have posted something twattish. Probably why you feel how you do as you've been guilty of twattishness more than most.

Okay I'm sure Pep will realise one day, but then he probably hasn't played at the level you did.
You honestly think Leeds doubled up on him therefore leaving extra space for Haaland and De Bruyne? Don’t be an idiot and argue the point at hand. Teams are not putting 3 men on Grealish.. It’s a ridiculous notion..

"He was okay in the second half"

Second 45 minutes he got 2 assists and was arguably the best player on the pitch.
I know for a fact if that was Foden or Bernardo you'd be calling it a fantastic second half performance.

Your bias is most definitely showing.

I have no bias. I actually really like the lad. I’d love him to be what he probably could be.
His piece of play for the second goal was excellent. Top draw. His second assist was as standard as you get. He even put it on Haaland’s weaker foot..

He was ok second half. Poor, very poor first.

His missed chances first half were ne
I have no bias. I actually really like the lad. I’d love him to be what he probably could be.
His piece of play for the second goal was excellent. Top draw. His second assist was as standard as you get. He even put it on Haaland’s weaker foot..

He was ok second half. Poor, very poor first.
Totally agree, classy at end handed shirt to a kid and then chats to them making someone's year in the process. Some of the tackles on him were from another era just like the stadium and home fans,( loved it, favourite away game) well done Jack .

You honestly think Leeds doubled up on him therefore leaving extra space for Haaland and De Bruyne? Don’t be an idiot and argue the point at hand. Teams are not putting 3 men on Grealish.. It’s a ridiculous notion..
I have no interest on how many mark him, I'm interested why you think he slows it down and goes backwards and you having played at this half decent level can see it and Pep can't, also why the games we have lost are the ones he didn't play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.