10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pitiful in the first half, second half was better could see KDB in particular was trying to help him out. Needs to adapt and I hope he does you could sense with his missed chances it’s almost like he didn’t expect to be there or that he wouldn’t be found, but playing in this side he will be on both counts and he needs to be more switched on

For me he works best with Foden in and around him as we saw against United especially, so I hope to see more of that and a run of games for him.
You've got an awful lot of assumption there. Kdb was helping him? Pitiful lol

Very very poor first half. Besides the glaring missed (at least 2, possibly 3) he had at least 2 chances in the first 15 minutes to run at the defender in acres of space and completely wasted the opportunities.
He is certainly not a dribbler. Granted he can carry the ball well (but then again you should at least expect that) but he doesnt ever look like he is going to beat a player one on one.

He was better in the second half and it was his work rate that set up Haalands first goal (the interception) - the pass after that was one even an average footballer can make but the work to get into that position was good

The second goal he created again was a simple pass you would expect a decent footballer to make.

The rest of his game simply wasnt good enough.

For me, he still isnt of the quality we need....

I actually think he enjoyed the battle last night!

He got kicked to pieces all night, and still came back for more, and if anything riled them up and put them off their game.

There's definitely aspects of his game that need working on, but that's exactly what Pep and the coaching staff are doing.

With everyone's backing and encouragement, he'll be invaluable.

Very very poor first half. Besides the glaring missed (at least 2, possibly 3) he had at least 2 chances in the first 15 minutes to run at the defender in acres of space and completely wasted the opportunities.
He is certainly not a dribbler. Granted he can carry the ball well (but then again you should at least expect that) but he doesnt ever look like he is going to beat a player one on one.

He was better in the second half and it was his work rate that set up Haalands first goal (the interception) - the pass after that was one even an average footballer can make but the work to get into that position was good

The second goal he created again was a simple pass you would expect a decent footballer to make.

The rest of his game simply wasnt good enough.

For me, he still isnt of the quality we need....

I think your exaggerating how poor he supposedly was in the first half and then exaggerating how easy those assists were.

He could get 3 goals and I still don’t think you would rate him

I think your exaggerating how poor he supposedly was in the first half and then exaggerating how easy those assists were.

There’s a theme with the posters who don’t rate him.

I am certainly not over exaggerating anything. I was trying to find a positive in his work rate for the first assist when in reality I could have also added it was a dreadful square ball on the half way line that enabled him to nip in and steal the ball...the second assist was a pass any player worth his salt makes with the time he had.

Id settle for one goal every now and again as Im aware he has never been a prolific goal scorer and thats not what he was brought here for but Pep knows he should have put one of those chances away at least as he said it in hos post match comments. Those chances were very presentable.

You are right...I dont rate him at present but nothing Im seeing from him changes my mind....I dont dislike him and can see strengths but they are nothing beyond what you would expect from most decent footballers (keeping possession for instance). At present I think he is VERY lucky to be playing in a team as good as ours.

At least you are aware you are nasty , you seem to look down on this place and posters in general , what is the point of being here
You can't say anything remotely negative about grealish without upsetting the manchild that is phil1 haha. If the police responded as fast as he does we would all sleep much safer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.